Chapter 9 - Group Meeting

The following day, I sent out a group text to Elowyn, Robert, and my brother Rex. Don't ask. To this day, I still don't know how he got his name. Ever since we became adults, it's been hard to do stuff together because of our schedules conflicting. I haven't told him about Robert yet. 

My message: <"hey, i want to have a group meeting. i have some news to tell you guys. Meet me at the bar tonight."> 

<"good or bad?"> Elowyn replied

<"good. don't worry."> I assured her.

A few minutes later, I get replies from Robert and Rex. 

<"ok, i'll be there."> 

---- At the bar----

 I was the first one to show up so I went over to an empty table and saved it. I saw Robert come through the door and he sat down across from me. 

"Hey. Since I'm the first one, I think I deserve some hints." Robert said trying to trick me.

"Nope, sorry. I'll tell you when everyone else comes." 

Robert sighed. I know it's driving him crazy. Soon, El and Rex came and sat down with us. I heard Robert whisper to himself, "Finally!" 

"Ok, we're here. Now spill!" El said excitedly. 

"Ok. It's kinda big news and now that you're all here, I can finally-"  

"SAY IT!!" Rex yelled. 

I tried to be wordy and delaying time on purpose to see their reactions. I laughed to myself. I love seeing people get frustrated. For some reason, it's hilarious. 

"Jeez, calm yourself. I wanted to let you all know that.... the other night...Brent proposed."

Robert's POV:
My heart sank. I felt like I was going to break down and cry. I looked down so no one would see me trying to hold it in. Then I realized, she didn't say if she told him yes or no. Maybe there is hope.

Kendra's POV:
I looked over at Robert and he had his head down. Oh snap! I better say it fast. I don't want to let him be in suspense too long. Then Elowyn asked me, "What did you say to him?"

I could sense some concern in her voice, knowing what she saw last night. Immediately after, Rex excitedly asks, "Did you say yes?!"

"...I said no."

I saw Robert's head shoot up with his gorgeous puppy eyes full of hope. I smile at him and wink. A huge smile spreads across his face. I look at El and she gives me an evil grin that says "I knew it". Rex looks around confused. "What? Why? I thought you-...wait..."

We laughed while we watched Rex figure it out.

"Oooh...you went with him.... Nice. Well, I hope it will work out for you this time, Kendra. Haha."

"It will." I say while looking at Robert. He bites his lip trying to look sexy.

"So what are you going to tell Brent?" El says.

"I'm not exactly sure. This is where I need you're guys' help. He's gonna freak out no matter what. But what's the best way to break it to him?"

Elowyn makes a joke of it by saying, "You could say 'Hi, I'm going to leave you for the guy you hate. Bye!'"

I laugh and then put on a straight face. "Hahaha. No. He would kill me if I said that. Any other suggestions?"

Rex raises his hand. "Oh! I got one!" Acting like he's in a class.

"Yes Rex?"

"You could give him hints. But not making it too obvious. Just enough to where he gets the point."

"Good job. I'll try that one. You earned an invisible star."

The rest of the night, we all talked about random things and had a good time. 

________________________________

i just wanted to give a shout out to my friends @itsourlives_1D (who plays Elowyn in my story) and @GreasyN (who plays Rex). Check out their stories!  

Don't forget to vote and comment! Thanks a bunch