5. There goes the neighborhood pt. 1

Start from the beginning

"Which means something is wrong with my look. By the way, I'm very proud that you passed your test." He fit that in and I chuckled as he walked up to me.

"Nothing's wrong with your look, Martin. How about if you ever get tired of washing your clothes by hand, you can come use my apartment as a laundromat, free of charge." I smiled at him.

"That's mighty generous of you." He spoke quietly as he got closer.

"Even though you called me homeless," He said and I smiled at the ground, "I still owe you a date."

He got closer as he glanced at my lips and I almost pinched myself to see if this was real.

He closed his eyes as he started lean in towards me, I closed mine as well, Bell started fussing before we could actually kiss.

I sighed as I opened my eyes, "Oh," I said realizing I have baby food on my wrist.

"Can you feed her for a second?" I asked him.

"Um, I've never fed anything. I mean, pigs. I had some pigs once-- and a dog, but it died-" "Martin, spoon in, spoon out." I smiled up at him as he rambled.

I walked past him, touching his arm as I walked around the island towards the sink.

He sighed before sitting in front of Belladonna.

"Okay. You want to try something?" He spoke quietly, I watched him as I washed my wrist.

"It doesn't look that... It does look bad, doesn't it? Looks like glue." He said to the baby that could just sit up.

I smirked as I watched him now, drying my wrist as I leaned my back on the counter.

"Yeah, look, watch. Mmm." He said eating a little bit, his face changed as he realized apple sauce wasn't glue.

"That's really good." He said picking up the bowl and eating another spoonful before looking up at me as I smirked.

"She didn't want any." He said and I chuckled.

--

"They shot at me in my own neighborhood, I want to know who these punks are. Who they hang out with, where they live." Roger ranted about a robbery him and Riggs chased this morning that got away, two minutes after Riggs fed his 13 month old daughter. Or, fed himself.

"It was a precise in and out hit while the owner was at a boutique opening." Det. Bailey spoke.

"Got over 200 grand in jewelry and electronics. This crew-" "They're predators!" Roger yelled as I sat at my desk and Riggs sat at his.

"The whole point to moving to Sherman Oaks is so stuff like this doesn't happen!" Roger kept yelling as he walked around the department.

"We're taking the case." Roger pointed at Riggs.

"Roger, I understand you're taking this personally. But what you have to-" "Yes, I am taking this personally. You wouldn't understand, you don't live in any kind of community. You're a sand hobo." Roger said and I sighed.

"A sand hobo? As opposed to what, like, uh, a regular hobo who rides the rails?" "Your neighbors are seals." Roger said, "These guys had fake uniforms, custom vans. They're professionals."