"Hey, Chuck! If there's something you want to tell me, go ahead. You sound unfine-ish," I offered, trying to tell him that he sounds sick compared to me.

"Really, I'm fine."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes." His sound was weak, unconvincable.

I nodded as if to say I understand if he's not going to tell me. Although I know it is pointless, I still did. Well, I really think he is not in his right thinking at this moment.

"Well, if that's it, then, maybe I could put the phone down."

"Sure, sure. I was glad you're fine."

Heck, something's wrong with Chuck. Why is he releasing heavy sighs on the other line? He sound so nervous like he was speaking to a person belonging to an elite class. But I wasn't, I don't own a single penny either.

Supposedly, I was going to put the phone down when he spoke again.

"Hey, Lauren! Wait!" he stopped me.

"Yes?"

"Is it okay if you—like—just, want to go on a coffee break, maybe? I mean... when you're all fine?"

Wait, is Chuck really asking me this? Does this mean he wants to go out with me? Like, is he even serious with this?

"Uh, yeah, sure."

I wasn't sure with the answer. I just feel like I needed to have a break, as he say, maybe we could be great friends like every bestfriends do, if that's his point on having a coffee break.

"Alright, just tell me when you're okay and ready," he said, his voice getting tense.

"Sure, when I get to find a time. Bye," I replied, biting my lip.

•••

"A coffee break?"

I nodded as she asked me. I went to the place where Phoebe's having her internship just to tell her this yet my temperature is still below the normal range. I was sat here in a very comfortable seat, watching her inspecting the poor little puppy that was said to be hit by a car.

"Did he tell you the reason why?"

"No," I answered lazily, my eyes half-sleeping.

"What if he likes you that's why he wants to have ample time with you? What would ever happen to that gatecrasher? Remember you like him."

"Wait, I haven't told you I like the guy from the party. I told you I wanted to be friends with him. There's a difference, right?" I defensively explained.

"So, it's a date with the new guy?"

"Fie, Phoebe! It isn't a date but a coffee break. Chuck is just my friend, a regular customer in the shop."

She started talking to the owner of the dog. I don't know whether they're talking about the money needed for the dog to recover or for the dog to stay home to be safe from accidents. She was nodding, seeing the owner's sad face.

After a little while, she started removing the gloves from her hands, throwing it to the trash bin next to her and walk towards me. She's wearing glasses with her hair clad in a ponytail and dressed in a blue uniform.

She sat next to me and untied her hair.

"Well, he is a regular customer, yes? Maybe he was always there in your shop, stalking you like you're some kind of a local celebrity." She still pushed through with Chuck liking me.