Chapter 19

Knocking on the door to the designated safe house Mir was met by a man he vowed he'd never see again.  One could only wonder what was Momma Joe thinking by sending him here.

Knock Knock!

Hold on! Mir father yelled as he grabbed his gun.

Man hurry up! Mir yelled back.

Jr? Mir father questioned.

I guess so, now open. Mir replied as his father opened the door.

Son, what are you doing here? His father asked as he went to hug him.

Cut the shit bruh, I'm only here because Momma Joe told me to come. If I had it my way I’d be with Quisy right now. Mir said.

Your mouth hard boy, I haven't been gone that long that you've forgotten how I take disrespect. So you and Quisy huh? Yeah we all seen that. If he's anything like his mother which he is and you me then I can definitely see you two. If Momma Joe sent you here then you know about my mother and what we do? Mir father stated.

Look mam I didn't come here to talk about me and mine, like I said I'm here because Momma Joe instructed I come. To answer your question, yes I know about my mom. Not that I expect you to give a fuck. Don't recall your presence at the funeral or your wife, cousin Terry. Talk about fucked up. Mir stated.

I'll respect your privacy but remember this, I didn't walk out on you nor did I forget you. Oh and that drug bust you planned to do down at the station, cancel it, it was a setup from the get go. His father stated.

We're not doing this, shouldn't you be calling your other kids, I'm sure they miss you right about now. Just so we're clear, I already knew it was a setup, one that I had a backup plan for. Mir said.

Young blood you got to be stupid if you think they shit was going to work out in your favor. Stop talking stupid and listen to your pops mane. Roberto said as he entered the safe house.

Unc? Mane where the fuck you been, damn its been a while. Mir said to Roberto.

I been around just like your pops, see you boys are too soft, out here crying and shit over spilt milk while we are out here doing everything we can to protect y’all. I tell you what if Quisy ever let his mouth run that hard to me I'm a draw blood. Now stupid sit down and listen up. Roberto said.

Yes sir. Mir stated.

How is it you could always get them in check like that? Mir father asked Roberto.

They know I mean every word that's why. I never hit Quisy because all I had to do was give him a certain look and he knew to fall in line. Granted, he’s my world, my precious little one but I will put that muthafucka down before I let him outright disrespect me. Roberto said to Mir’s father.

Nephew, look I know you got your past with your pops but you need to check that shit and do it now. We got a war on our hands and I can’t have you in danger or put any of us in danger because of your emotions. So, lay it all out now so we can get past it and focus on what’s currently happening. Where’s Quisy anyway? Roberto stated.

I'm good just keep that puss… Roberto cut Mir off.

Go head say it in front of me like you weren't taught respect, go on nigga you bad do it and see don’t I whoop that ass in here. Roberto said while gripping Mir up.

Okay you want to do this. Well, you left us alone for our cousin. My mother had to endure her husband my father stepping out on us for her cousin. Then you marry her after giving her children and I'm supposed to call her my step-mom when she’s also my cousin and accept those kids you gave yourself and time too. Nigga you could be so stupid to think I would. My love for you was deep but my loyalty to my mother was much deeper. You out here playing daddy to those certified yellow bus kids meanwhile, I'm being raised by my second mom and Uncle Rob while you were gone. Now tell me how I'm supposed to have respect for a man that left his family to create a new one. Even when Quisy and I talked to other people we still had each other and nothing could change that. Before my daughter, his granddaughter died she used to call Quisy nice daddy and me mean daddy. The fact that my little princess seen us meant the world to me and showed me he's a keeper. Mir stated.