Chapter 38

Chapter 38
Nicholas
"Come on Allie, were goin' to be late!" I called from our bedroom in Faol Fonn.
It had been three weeks since the attack but so many things had happened since then. Allie and I had moved into Faol Fonn as well as our new pack. I was still trying to come to terms with everything, knowing the price that got me here. I was surprise to find that everyone had accepted Hector's death. I guess they were never as loyal to him as I thought they were.
Callum and I had also started to use our alliance to our advantage. We had made sure that any anger our packs felt towards each other had died and that if they weren't willing to work together than they were happy to leave. To my luck and surprise, no one left. Everyone was willing to try and work together for this new future.
"I'm comin, keep your shirt on," she groaned coming out of the joining bathroom, "I'm not goin to be late to my own niece's namein' ceremony. Now let's go."
"Wait, you forgot somethin'," I stopped her.
She frowned, looking down at herself before asking, "What?"
Before I could stop myself I planted a kiss on her lips. Her giggles filled my mouth making my grip on her tighten.
"That's – so – cheesy," she laughed between kisses.
"If – you don't – like it – stop kissin' then," I argued.
She let go and said, "Are you kiddin'? Girl can't get enough."
I chuckled, giving her lips quick pecks.
"Come on," I said taking her hand, "Let's go."
"No," she moaned, "You can't give me the gift than take it away. That's just mean."
I chuckled but led her out of the room.
The pack was waiting down in the large void for us. They were talking amongst themselves till they spied us coming down the wooden stairs.
"Everyone ready?" I asked them.
They nodded before we headed out the two French doors.
By the time we got to the lake, the Patterson pack was already there.
"What took you two so long?" Graham complained once Allie and I got closer.
"Allie took her time," I said, winning a jab in the stomach and a killer death stare.
"It doesn't matter, they're here now," Liv quickly said.
Allie gasped, her eyes lighting up. I followed her gaze to Liv's stomach that was now round.
"You're showin'," she cooed, jumping up and down.
"Hey, what about me!" Amy snapped.
"You're showin' too!" Allie yelled, hugging her friend, "Since I moved out, I don't get to see you as much."
"Allie, you moved out three weeks ago," Archie chuckled, winning a death stare as well.
"Are we ready?" Callum asked, before there was a fight.
"Yep," Malcolm said, giving Bee over to Callum.
Looking around, Callum started the ceremony, "Bee Coria Patterson, today we officially welcome you into our pack. We come here at the lake as it represents everythin' this pack stands for. The water that flows through once started as a drop from the sky. It then traveled all over the highlands before it became a part of the strong stream that's next to us today," he looked down and smiled at the small baby, "Your that drop Little Bee. You're small and delicate but you are the most important drop that flows. You are the first Patterson grandchild and the first child of Malcolm and Tarna Patterson. And today you take your place amongst our pack."
Callum then knelt down and scooped some of the lake's water into his hands. Standing, he took his place back in front of us before gently pouring the liquid onto Bee's forehead. Small whimpers escaped her lips making me smile and hug Allie tighter.
"Now the godparents," he said, handing the baby over to Archie and Liv.
"I'll go first," Archie offered, "It's hard to believe that you're really here. Through everythin' we've been through, you were somethin' that we all had promised to keep safe. You will always be safe with us Bee. No matter what."
My head turned at the sound of sniffs and smiled when I found Allie in tears.
"Oh Allie," I chuckled.
"I'm okay, keep goin'," she waved on, making us chuckle as Archie gave Bee to Liv.
"Bee, you'll understand one day how important you really are to all of us. And I don't just mean to your parents. You were the start of the idea of a future that didn't involve fear or pain or anger. You represent happiness and I promise that you will always be happy as long as you have us."
She gave her a kiss on the head before looking for direction from Callum.
"Now the parents," he told her gesturing to Malcolm and Tarna.
Liv passed her to Tarna who swayed her a little in her arms.
Tarna sniffed, looking down at her baby, "Hey Little Wolf Cub. You're here with your family and your pack. These people are your people now and will always accept you. But there's no two people in the world that will ever love you like we will. That will protect you like we will. Or fight for you like we will. Whatever happens next, know that we will never stop lovin' you."
Tears dropped from Tarna's eyes as she struggled to hand her over to Malcolm.
Malcolm sighed, holding in his own tears.
"I almost don't know what to say," he admitted, making sneakers echo through the packs, "Bee, your more than just a baby girl and your more than just a wolf. You're everythin' to me. You're our world and the reason the sun raises and sun sets. You're the part of us that we will cherish for the rest of our lives and will never stop."
He gave her a kiss on the head as well before he gave her back to Callum.
"Bee as your Alpha, I vow my loyalty to you. I vow to make decisions that benefit your safety and I vow to lead you as best as I can," looking up, he addressed his pack, "Patterson and Macangus Pack, welcome Bee Coria Patterson!"
"Bee Coira Patterson!" we chanted, winning a small grumble for her.
Claps started as the ceremony ended. Callum handed Bee back to her parents as we went off into small conversation.
A tug on my arm got my attention making me look to Allie. Excitement shined in her eyes as a grin spread on her lips. She gestured over to a tree a couple metres away, tugging on my arm again. I shrugged and allowed her to lead me away from the packs, happy to be alone with her.
Once we were shielded by the tree, I wrapped my arms around her waist as she locked her arms around my neck.
"That was really beautiful," I started, looking down at her, "Do you think we'll ever get that?"
"Of course," she answer as we slowly started to sway, "We have to make five remember? That's the dream."
"Oh right, how could I forget? We should really get started on them," I smiled.
"Ah, weddin' first," she stopped me, "I'm not bein' Malcolm and Archie and havin' children out of wedlock."
I chuckled, giving her kisses on her neck.
"Well," I mumbled against her skin making her tense, "Marry me?"
"What?" she cried pulling back, "What did you say?"
I bit my lip, worrying if I shouldn't have asked.
"I'm sorry, was that wrong?" I asked.
She became a statue, not blinking, her mouth completely open.
"Get on your knees," she ordered.
I frowned, "What?"
"I'm not givin' you my answer until you do it properly."
My heart started to race as I realized what she meant. With a nervous chuckle, I knelt on one knee and said the three words that I had always wanted to say to someone that was just as perfect as her.
"Allie Coira Patterson," I started taking in a deep breath, "Will you do me the honour of becomin' my wife?"
Her eyes lit up as her mouth dropped again. She stayed quiet, driving me insane.
That was until she said the little world that made my heart skip a beat, "Yes. Of course. Yes!"
I chuckled, standing up and taking her lips in mine.
Times were changing. I could sense it in the air, feel it in my bones. Hector was dead and buried. The pack were allied and in partnership. Our family's bond was mended and growing stronger. Troubles were in our future but they weren't life threatening or serious. But we had each other and that was all that mattered.
We slightly broke apart but not moving more than an inch.
"I love you," she breathed, looking deep into my eyes.
I smiled, nudging her nose, "I love you too."