Chapter 27

Chapter 27
Allie
We had a plan. Admittedly it wasn't the best.
Step one; distract the guards.
Obviously that was my job.
Step two; try to make it out of the tent.
Step three; head in any direction.
Obviously that was Nick's job.
Step four; get to Faol Coillie.
Step five; see my family.
Obviously that was going to be harder than I thought it was going to be.
"Okay," Nick said, getting my attention, "Time to go."
"Really?" I asked, not meaning to whisper.
He nodded.
God, this was actually happening. We were actually going to do this.
Okay, Allie, just breathe. You can do this. You can seduce lads for a livin'
Taking in a deep breath, I call on my inner slut. Rolling my shoulders back, flicking my hair, I got my confidence back.
Yeah, I'm back baby.
"Hey, laddies," I purred, licking my lips.
I heard Nick scoff in the background.
This was your frickin' idea, I had to bite my lip to stop from growling.
The two wolves didn't move. They shared glances, probably thinking the same thing.
"Oh, playin' hard to get, I see," I hummed, "well, I guess it would have to take strong lads to cage me in."
They didn't answer me, just sharing looks. Crap, it wasn't working.
Turning back to Nick, I mouthed, it's not workin'.
He nodded his head towards them, keep goin'.
Scoffing, I turned back to them.
"Listen," I murmured, in the sexiest voice I could master, "I need somethin' desperately and I can only trust big, strong lads like you to get it for me."
"Why don't you get your traitor mate to get it for you?" the larger of the two growled.
I crunched my face, trying not to stab the bastard. My mate wasn't a traitor!
"He's a little tired up at the moment," I quickly covered making them snicker, "But, you know I had no choice in the matter. If I could choose a mate, it would be someone like you two. Big. Strong. Manly," I pouted.
"What do you want –?"
"Carson," the first one growled, hitting Carson in the chest.
"What, Dougie?"
"Don't even think about it? She's off limits," Dougie warned him.
"I'm really not," I giggled, "Listen, I'm sure you've heard stories about me –."
"Yeah," Dougie scoffed, making me bit my lip and cringe.
"There all true," I purred.
You could literally see the lightbulb go off at the tops of their heads and I knew I had hit the jackpot.
"See, there's this really, really crazy thing I want to do and Nicky's refusin' to let me. And you know, it's been so long it's I've been with a man."
They both swallowed.
"Say, how long as it been since you two have been with a woman?"
God, you could smell the sexual tension growing between them. I was beginning to wonder how long they had been with a woman.
"If you're worried, Hector doesn't have to know."
At the mention of Hector, they both shifted from foot to foot.
"All you need to do is get me a couple of things to make our, time together, more, special."
This was actually working. I think I had underestimated myself.
"What do you, what do you need?" Dougie asked, making my eyes widen.
Crap, this was working.
"I need water, from the lake, to bless us before we begin our sexual pleasure. And soil, that you can spray over my naked body."
Both of them looked like eager puppies about to mount their first female. Deciding between each other who would get what, they sprinted in different directions.
"Wow," I said breathless, "Men are so easy."
"Yeah, well, their dead men soon," Nick growled, coming up behind me.
"Hey, least they've left, now come on," I said taking his head and running out of the tent.
Nick quickly took the lead, running us through the trees. They were the only cover we had from eyes that were trying to keep us chained. We struggled up a hill making me realize how much I relied on my wolf to get me places. Boy was I out of shape.
A wolf howl echoed through the trees making us come to a halt. It was Hector. He knew we had escaped.
My eyes flicked up to Nick's pain-filled eyes, knowing he was fighting what he knew was right and the bond between a wolf and an alpha. Shaking whatever was going through his head, he tugged on my arm.
"Come on!" He yelled, "Before they catch us!"
That was all I needed to here. We sprinted down the hill, running faster than I thought was possible. More howls echoed through the trees, responding to their alpha's call. Nick's pace grow and I honestly thought that if I stopped, I would be trampled.
My head shot behind me when I heard a growl and saw a large brown wolf.
"Nick!" I yelled, but he didn't stop.
Instead, he tugged on my arm, keeping me from stopping. The wolf was gaining on us. How could it not? We only had two legs and it had four.
Growls grew from behind me making me turn my head which I regretted the moment I did it. The wolf snapped at my ankles making me lose my footing.
"Shit!" I heard Nick cry, his grip on my hand never loosing.
But he wasn't my problem. My problem was the huge wolf that loomed over me, the only two things giving me an advantage was Nick's hold on me and the fact that we were on a slope.
"Back off Aindrea," Nick growled sounding more animal than human.
The wolf didn't leave but instead took a step forward. I couldn't help by start to shake. I had never felt so venerable before, my life in the hands of my mate.
"I said, back off!" Nick growled louder, "or I promise you, I will kill you."
Nick had forgotten that he no longer had a place in the pack and ultimatums weren't up for conversation. The wolf growled, giving him his answer.
"That's what I thought," Nick snarled, taking one of his hands back.
In a blink of an eye Nick swung his arm hitting the wolf in the face with a broken branch.
Just as confused as I was, the wolf stubbled back in a daze. I couldn't move until Nick pulled me to my feet.
"Come on, move!" He shouted before we took off again.
Oh my God, he just hit a wolf in the face with a log. Oh my God. I couldn't get my head around it. He was fighting for me. Someone was actually fighting for me.
Nick halted without telling me, making me run into the back of him.
"What?" I asked, looking around for another wolf, "what's wrong?"
Letting go of my hand, he bent over and took another broken branch was only half a metre long. He placed it in my hand before he took one of his own.
"Seriously?" I asked, not believing this was his plan, "we're goin' to beat them with sticks."
"Got any better ideas," he snapped, looking a mixed between frustrated and scared.
Swallowing my own fear, I took his free hand as we started a slow jog.
"Where are we, where are we goin'?" I huffed as we took a left and started up another hill.
"We need to get to higher ground," he said, his pace growing.
"But, won't they see us. We'll be in the open," I told him.
He halted, thinking through his decision. Not telling me anything that was going through his mind, he ripped off me sleeve.
"Hey!" I shouted.
"We need to lure them away from us and this is the only way," he said, ripping off my other sleeve.
I scoffed, "okay, the next person that rips my clothin' that isn't durin' hot hungry sex, I'm goin' to be super pissed."
"Okay, I love you but this is really not the time," he told me, cutting the bottom half of my jumper so that it was now a mid-drift.
With a huff, I pulled it off me and watched as Nick ripped it into one big strip. His own jumper was next. He pulled it off him and ripped it apart in minutes.
"Okay," he started, "you keep goin' while I lead them away."
I frowned, not understanding what he was saying.
"No, we're not splittin' up. That's not a part of the plan."
I jumped when howls echoed through the trees. Damn, they were gaining on us.
"I know, my darlin', this isn't what I wanted," he said, cupping my cheek looking me straight in the eyes, "but if we don't split up, they'll catch us again and kill us. Do you want that to happen?"
I bit my lip, trying not to say anything smart.
"Look, just keep goin' straight and you'll hit the river. I want you to wash yourself to cover your scent then follow it till you hit your boundary. Do you understand?"
I nodded, my mind focusing on the growing howls.
"What about you?" I asked, cupping his wrists.
"I'll find you, I promise," he vowed, pecking my lips, "go."
I nodded, pulling out of his grip and picking up the branch he had given me.
Turning, I ran in the direction he had told me to. I prayed to any God that would listen that we would get out of here alive. Together.