Iced Tea

// Gabriel

This was their first official date.

Sure, they'd gone out to the movies, or to parks, for ice cream. But this was different. He had actually asked Sam out. The whole nervous, "Hey....you wanna go out for some coffee or any other drink? Maybe you don't like coffee- wait no you're drinking coffee right now. Maybe some beer? Not that I wanna get you drunk! Um...maybe you like iced tea? We could go out for some iced tea sometime."

Sam had laughed and told him that, yes he would enjoy going to drink iced tea with him. Of course he first gave him the "Gabe wtf we're like best friends???? Why are you so nervous?????" Then the realization set it and the "oh." face happened.

And here they were sitting at a small café in the city with some political name- Sons of something. But it was also a pun. Gabriel hadn't paid attention. But the entire place was really cozy and helped Gabe relax.

Sam had ordered yet another coffee and got Gabe his iced tea. Which was really out of place because it was the middle of autumn, halloween was a few days away.

They sat at a small table next to the window and Gabriel undid his scarf. The smell of Sam's coffee filled his scent and he wanted to wrap himself in it and Sam for an eternity.

Sam took of his coat and it on the back of his chair. He inhaled the rising steam from his cup and sighed contently.

"So," Sam began. "Why'd you ask me out? I mean- this is a date right?"

"No! I mean yes!" Gabriel cleared his throat. "Sam. I really like you. And I just wanted this to be a nice...date."

Sam nodded and took a sip of his coffee.

"I really like you too."

Gabriel's entire world imploded.

"You do?"

"Yeah you dipshit."

+

"I had a nice time." Sam smiled. They were at their doorstep. The sun was setting and there was a light breeze.

They had gone to the park and just walked around, enjoying each other's company.

"Me too." Gabriel rocked himself back and forth on his feet. "Thanks for walking me home."

"Gabriel. We live together." Sam bitch faced.

"Oh yeah."

Sam had gone to shower and Gabriel took the time to text him.

I was going to kiss you.

A few minutes then a reply.

Why didn't you?

Couldn't reach your face.

He heard a small laugh from the bathroom as he got something to eat from the fridge. He prepared to make a sandwich when Sam stepped out of the bathroom and walked into the kitchen.

"You want a sandwich? I could also make something else if you'd- " Gabriel began but was cut short when Sam gently lifted his chin to meet his eyes. He stopped breathing.

"But I can reach yours." Sam whispered and pressed his lips against Gabriel's.

He was very happy he had asked Sam out for some iced tea.

Still on hiatus and this was all I could think about. Sorry.