T W O

WEEKS OF TORTURE HAD GONE by slowly and Marley was on the verge of giving up. Countless attempts of escape had either failed or not even attempted because of severe injuries. At some point Marley just lost all hope and resorted to having daily conversations with the voice in her head. The voice was the only source of entertainment she had, unless Ajax was in a giving mood and would give her a set of playing cards. 

On the rare occasion of being let out to wonder, she would play cards with the other patients. She would always cheat when she thought she was losing and would pull the joker card with a smug smile. Marley was doing that exact thing when they brought in a new patient, strapped down on a gurney and cracking jokes.

The wack job she was playing against had went back to his 'room'. If you could call it that. And Marley was left to stack up the cards, which she wasn't very happy about. The guy on the gurney had been wheeled passed and they had made contact for a brief few seconds before he was out of sight.

Marley had to admit that he was handsome, but that would soon be ruined because of where he was. The only reason Marley hadn't gone completely insane, was because of the voice in her head telling her to be patient. It made no sense because having a voice in your head would surely make you crazy. However, Marley found a strange comfort with it.

After about five minutes, two guards had come up to her and escorted her back to her bed. It wouldn't be too long until she would be tortured again, and she was not looking forward to that. 

'I wonder what they'll have for us this time? A taser? A large bath of oil? I cannot wait' She thought sarcastically.

'Don't worry, we'll get out soon. I can feel it...in my boobs!' The voice exclaimed.

"You don't have any boobs." Marley deadpanned aloud.

'A voice can dream.'

"This place seems sanitary." A man voiced from the other side of the curtain. There were sounds of shuffling and then he continued. "My first request is warmer hands. And Jesus, a warmer table. We should really come up with a safe word fellas: I'm thinking pork and beans."

"Awe don't worry guy, they'll get warmer the more they touch you." Marley spoke up from her side.

"Ohh, I have a neighbour. Hello neighbour!"

"Sup. Oh shit, Alfred's coming."

"Alfr-" Suddenly, the man groaned and began speaking to somebody else. "Easy. Aren't you a little strong for a lady? I'm calling Dr. Wang. What's up with the matches? Oral fixation or just a big Stallone fan?"

'Damn this guy is funny.'

"True." The blonde agreed to the voice.

'We can be best friends!'

"Very true. Do you think he'll like our green lantern collection back home? Y'know, once we get out."

'I think if we take him with us, he'll be excited for anything.'

"Okay then, it's settled. We'll take him home with us."

With all the bickering Marley was having with her head, she hadn't noticed that Ajax was finished with her neighbour, and was now standing next to her. So, when she turned her head and noticed him there, she screamed and then began to laugh.

"Talking to yourself again are we, Marlene?" Ajax smirked, getting closer and strapping down her wrists. 

"Yes. Is is time for my massage now?" Marley joked as he wheeled her out of the curtains. "Last time was a bit rough, could you tone it down a little?"