"Yeah, um, it's kind of weird that you're a rat," Zeke said with a mixture of repulsion and embarrassment at the realization that Max had revealed his crush to her. 

Sarah pulled away suddenly. "Does that bother you?" she asked with a hurt tone coming through even with her rat voice. 

"No, not really," Zeke said hastily. "It's just... weird. You know, because I'm not really used to it. It doesn't bother me though. I know you're still the same person underneath the exterior. That's why I couldn't turn you over to Trevor Mastodon." 

"That's the nicest thing anyone's said to me in quite awhile," Sarah said. 

"I'm glad we're all sharing such a touching moment," Max interrupted. "But I think something's going on up there."  

The crowd came to an abrupt silence as the massive doorway to City Hall swung slowly open. An old, hunched over, gray wolf came waddling out slowly, wheeling a trash can and pushing a broom. 

"Never mind," Max said. "Looks like it's just the janitor." 

"Hey!" a booming friendly voice suddenly came from behind them. "Look who it is! How are you two doing?" 

Max and Zeke turned around to see a large tiger smiling at them. 

"Do I know you?" Max asked icily. 

"I'm sorry, I don't think we were properly introduced the other day. I'm Benjamin. Listen, I can't thank you guys enough for helping me out with that circle dilemma." 

"Oh yes, the shape-making tiger. Yes, I remember you," Max said. "Well, glad we could be of assistance, although it's all in a day's work." 

"Thanks to you two, I've moved on to three-dimensional shapes!" Benjamin said excitedly. "Check out this sphere I made. I'm pretty proud of it." He pulled out a small round globe-like object. 

"It's a sphere, all right," Zeke said. "Good for you, Benjamin." 

"It's hollow in the middle!" Benjamin said. "I've been storing my sunflower seeds in it!" 

"That's truly amazing," Max said disinterestedly. 

"I've even rigged up a locking mechanism, so nobody can steal my sunflower seeds. There are thieves everywhere, you know." 

"Look, I'm very happy for you, but we're in the middle of a very important mission right now, so could you show us your handiwork later?" Max asked. 

"Oh, I'm sorry," Benjamin said abashedly. "I didn't mean to get in the way. Hey, look! Trevor Mastodon's coming out with the mayor!" 

They all turned to look at the stage and sure enough Trevor Mastodon was approaching a podium accompanied by a nervous looking fat pig in a black Hawaiian shirt and a top hat. Trevor Mastodon walked up to the podium with a cocky smile pasted across his face. He picked up a circular microphone and began to speak. 

"Greetings my fellow citizens of Quartzwater City. I'm glad you could all make it out today as we have some important announcements to make. But first the mayor has something he'd like to say, don't you?" 

The pig looked at Trevor Mastodon and his lips quivered as if he were about to say something, but then he looked downwards dejectedly and took the microphone. "I'd like to announce," he paused and gulped. "I'm resigning my position, effective immediately." 

A huge gasp spread throughout the crowd. 

Trevor Mastodon shoved the mayor roughly aside and took back the microphone. "You heard the man. In the absence of our elected official I will be stepping into the governing role. Needless to say there are going to be some major changes in policy."