Chapter Forty-Three// In This Together

+++

"Let me hear you scream!"

--Noah Foster

+++

"Local teenagers, Emma Duval and Audrey Jensen are wanted for questioning--"

"Turn that off." I snapped at him. He did as I said, shutting his laptop. I'd been with Noah since 7 am. I'd gone home to change out of my... jail clothes? That's what I was calling that red dress now. Mostly, I'd paced. Like I was doing now... "Ari, stop pacing. You're making my head hurt." I stopped immediately, and walked towards his hospital bed. "Noah... where did they go!" I ran my fingers through my hair. "I--I don't know, Arielle." Noah grabbed my hand. My mother had called me and asked me if I had any idea where Audrey and Emma were. I had thought they were at the station. Turns out...their car was hijacked or something. And Emma and Audrey were nowhere to be found. They got away. Something deep inside of me... was very relieved. Because they got away. Because now... I didn't feel so bad for ratting out their location last night. Because even if they were murderers... I loved them, and they were... they were like family. I know I'd cover for my mother or sister if they murdered someone. "You think they did it, don't you?" Noah whispered, squeezing my hand. I looked down at him, before sitting down next to him. "No, I don't think they did it." I said truthfully. "I know they wouldn't. Audrey may be a bit of a psycho, but she's not that psycho." I laughed shortly. I looked beside me at Noah, who was kind of just... staring at me. "What? Why are you looking at me like that?" I blushed "Because you've been up all night and you still manage to look totally beautiful." He barely whispered. I laughed and stared into his green eyes. He then widened his eyes, as if just realizing what he had said. "I mean... um--"

"No, it's okay." I giggled. I got up quickly as I saw Brooke appear in the doorway. "Brooke." I whispered. I was surprised to see her. She looked normal. Her long blonde hair perfectly perfect. Her makeup also perfectly perfect. But she did look like she'd been crying. It was only last night that I'd seen her father's dead body... She sighed and walked right in, coming to sit beside me on Noah's bed. "Yeah... you know, it's just been a lot lately." Brooke whispered. I leaned over and hugged her. She hugged me back. She pulled away, smiling sadly at both of us. "But I don't need to tell you guys that." She mumbled. She sighed again. "He wasn't always the best dad, but he was...there. Ya know? This morning, I... I went into the kitchen to get some juice and I just realized... I mean, he always made me juice." Brooke smiled through her tears, shrugging. I felt a tear fall down my cheek, just listening to her. I wiped it quickly. "I'm just really gonna miss him." Tears fell down Brooke's cheeks easily. "And now Emma and Audrey..."

I felt myself tense up at the mention of them. "It's not them." I whispered, feeling sure of myself again. "Of course." Brooke whispered. "Look, we're in this together." Noah grabbed my hand again, and I grabbed Brooke's and nodded at the crying girl. My phone rang loudly, making me jump. I took my hand out of Noah's and grabbed it. I looked at the caller I.D.

Unknown.

I took a deep breath, before answering. "Um, hello?" I whispered. "Arielle, hey. It's me." Emma's voice said. I laughed with relief. "Oh, thank the fucking lord!" I breathed. "It's Emma!" I told Brooke and Noah. "Emma?!" Noah grabbed my phone from me and put it to his ear. "You guys are about to hit "Ten Most Wanted" territory if you don't watch out." Noah warned her. "What-what happened?" Noah pulled my phone from his ear and put Emma on speaker. "It was terrible." Emma spoke. "Hey, look, have you... have you talked to Brooke?" Emma asked anxiously. "Uh, she's right here." Noah said, just as Brooke grabbed my phone from him quickly. "Hey." Brooke took Emma off speaker, and stood up, turning away from us. I looked at Noah with worry. Noah stared at me with the same worried look. "I know you didn't kill him, Emma." Brooke said. She then turned back to us, with the same worried look we had. "Where are you guys?" She waited for Emma's reply. "We'll be right there." Brooke said quickly. Brooke pulled the phone from her ear, and I had a sense that Emma hung up. She turned to us with a mad look. "They're at the theater. They want us to stay here." She informed. "And let them go through this alone?" Noah asked. Brooke walked towards Noah's bed slowly, before whispering "Hell no." With a small smile on her face. I stood from the hospital bed. I grinned at her. Noah ripped the IV's from his arm, which I didn't think was safe... But he moved his laptop and removed the blankets, getting up easily. "Okay, let's go." He said, going to the doorway. I stifled a laugh. Brooke giggled slightly, too. Noah's ducky boxers were very noticeable, as he had no pants on. Noah turned back to us. "Actually, I'm gonna need some pants." He said, nodding. Brooke bit her lip, "yeah."