Chapter Thirty-Four//Special Friend

+++

" I need, like, a Men in Black brain wipe. "

--Noah Foster

+++

I looked everywhere for Audrey. No sign of her. "Can I offer you a mask?" I whipped around to see Haley Meyers. I rolled my eyes. "No, but this time instead of Emma, I could slap you this time." I suggested, the annoyance clear in my voice. She adorned her usual attire. Her breasts nearly out of her shirt. I shook my head in disgust. "Ooh, feisty. I thought you'd be wearing a mask, since you made this all possible." Haley joked. She knew something. I stepped closer to her and scoffed. "You did this right? I knew you were messed up-- I mean, you do look like the kind of girl with some sort of daddy issues, but, I didn't know you were this messed up." I smiled mockingly up at her as she was quite taller than me.

"Watch it, Arielle

"Watch it, Arielle." Haley smiled evilly. I scoffed, but didn't say a thing as I watched her. "Okay, chill, bro. It was just a joke. I said I'd help out."

"Help who?" I whispered. "A friend." She chuckled. "Arielle!" I turned my head to see Emma. "I thought you were looking for--" She paused as she turned her head to look at Haley. "Oh."

"Yeah, Haley here... says she knows who threw the party." I crossed my arms and looked at Haley expectantly. "Haley?" Emma said. "Listen, it's a very special friend, who prefers to remain anonymous." Haley said seriously. "And I protect my friends. Surely you can respect that."

"Haley, do you realize that you might be protecting a killer right now?" Haley laughed at Emma's words. "Who is your friend?!"

"Stop being so paranoid! It's someone I'm seeing." Haley picked up her box of masks and rushed away from us. "Haley!" Emma and I called in unison after her. She kept walking, pushing past people in her way. "Haley!" I screamed. But she was gone. And instead, I saw the face of Audrey in the crowd. "Audrey." Emma muttered as she had seen her too. Audrey turned on her heel and rushed away. "Oh, my God! Next person to run away from me is gonna get slapped." I promised as Emma and I rushed after Audrey. Audrey pushed a door open, that led into a dark hallway, that led into a small room, that looked like it could be a bathroom. I thought this because of the tiled floor, where there was a cross imprinted in the floor. And I was only able to see Audrey and Emma because of the weird, motel-like lights on the walls. "Audrey! Hey, stop! Audrey! Did you know about this party?" Emma called. Audrey turned to look at us. "No, no." Audrey answered truthfully. "Okay." Audrey and Emma circled each other around the room. As if they were pacing, but nervous, awkward pacing. I stood by the entrance, watching them. "Look," Emma finally looked at her. "Someone set it up to make it look like we all planned this. You, me, and Arielle."

"O--okay, then it was probably the killer." Audrey said. "I know! That's what I'm trying to tell you. He led me here. I thought Arielle was in trouble here. I didn't think there'd be this huge party."