Chapter Thirty-Three// Smoke Signals

+++

" I suggest you run!"

--Ghostface

+++

"Audrey, could you go any slower?" I looked over at her in annoyance. "There is a speed limit, Arielle!" Audrey rolled her eyes, making a sharp turn, making me practically fall onto her. I composed myself awkwardly. "Uh--sorry." She said. "It's fine. I'm sorry for yelling." I cleared my throat. "Where's Noah now?" Audrey asked me. "I left him with Zoë." I scoffed. "Nice." Audrey glanced at me. "Uh, I went after you, after you stormed out like a three-year-old." I pointed out. "Oh." Audrey whispered. "I just feel like Zoë's been trying to get us out of the picture forever." I told her. "You're probably right. I mean, she-- Holy shit!" Audrey scoffed. "What, what?!" I sat up in my seat to try to see what Audrey was seeing. And when I did--"Oh, my God!" I laughed a little. Audrey parked the car in the parking lot of the abandoned building. There were lights, music, and people. People everywhere. "Someone's throwing a party." I whispered. "Yeah, at an abandoned children's home." Audrey chuckled. "Come on. We have to find Noah."

"He's not answering his phone." Audrey told me, as we both got out of the car. We pushed past a bunch of people outside of the booming building. Inside, the lights were bouncing off the walls. And everyone was wearing... Brandon James masks. "What the hell is this?" Audrey scoffed beside me. "Why are they wearing those?" I shook visibly. I looked up at the huge banner above the DJ.

FACE THE MASK!

It said in big, bold red letters. "Maybe we should split up." I told her. "Are you fucking serious?" She yelled over the music at me. "Yes! We need to figure out what's going on. Just text me if you find something! Or Noah!" Audrey grabbed my wrist. "You are the most idiotic girl I know!" Audrey yelled with a smile on her face. "Yeah, don't ever forget that." I nodded at her. She rolled her eyes and hugged me quickly before disappearing into the crowd of people. Some people had their masks up, revealing their faces, and some just ghosted around me, scaring me even more. "BOO!" I whipped around to see a guy, lifting up his mask to laugh at me, as I had jumped.

I grumbled

I grumbled. "Get a fucking life." I turned back around and huffed. I whirled around, searching. That's when I spotted a familiar face. Kelly from Psychology. I rushed towards her. "Hey! Kelly!" I yelled. She beamed at me as I approached her. "Kelly, do you know what's going on here?"

"Yeah, totally. It's such a cool idea. The "screw you" of it all. "Face the fear. Take back the night" You know, I never would've thought you'd have it in you." She complimented. "Me? You actually think I'm throwing this party?" I scoffed. "Well, yeah... the invite said you organized it." Kelly frowned at me. "What--?"The invite said no such thing. Kelly pulled her phone out and showed me the invite on her phone.

LAKEWOOD'S FINAL GIRLS

EMMA DUVAL, AUDREY JENSEN & ARIELLE COLLINS

INVITE YOU

TO

FACE THE MASK

(Take back the fear)

PARTY

Blessed Sisters Children's Home

542 Hollyhock Dr.

"What the fuck is that! I didn't see that." I whispered. "So you didn't throw this party?" Kelly said. I shook my head. "No, no, I didn't!"

Kelly sucked in her teeth. "Well, have fun tonight!" She then turned around and walked away. Oh, my God. Why is my name on that invite. I--

That's when I saw the mid-length blonde hair. "EMMA!" I shouted. She turned around quickly and saw me. There was a sign of relief in her face as she saw me. I ran towards her, hugging her instantly. "Emma, oh thank God!" I yelled over the music. I pulled away from her to see she had Kieran, Zoë, and Noah with her. "I thought you were in trouble!" Emma grabbed my shoulders and looked into my eyes with all seriousness. She didn't seem like she was that mad at me now...

"Wh--wait, what? Why?" I looked at Noah immediately. And I felt my heart drop. Yeah, he was okay, but he was still with Zoë. I could tackle her... or I could just bottle my feelings down and let them come out when the littlest of things happened. Yeah... that sounded like me. "I got a call! You screaming... well, now I realize it was probably a recording." Emma muttered. I nodded. "The killer sent you a recording of me screaming?" I said in disbelief. Emma nodded. "I knew you'd be here!"

"I'm just so happy you're okay." She hugged me again. I leaned into her. "Same." I whispered. We pulled away, and I grabbed my phone. "I told Audrey I'd text her when I found Noah." I said, gesturing to him. Emma's face changed. "Audrey's coming?"

"She's worried about Noah." I put some emphasis on the word "she" because I wanted to let Noah know that it wasn't me who was worried. Even though...it kind of was.

I texted Audrey quickly.

ME:

I found Noah. He's fine.

Text not sent.

Oh, my God. "Anyways, we found out Piper used to live here. Both, her and Lang." Noah told me. I could hit him... "This place is notorious." Noah looked around the room in amazement. "What do you mean?" I asked him. "Uh, it was a group foster home until ten years ago, but before that, it was an insane asylum." Noah explained. My eyes widened. Insane Asylum. Well, you can guess who skipped the second season of American Horror Story. That's right. Me. I was always terrified of these kind of places. "Why'd it close?" I gulped. "It closed down after an abuse scandal. Something about instructors and kids in the attic." I shivered at his words. Oh, my God. I looked back up to Emma. "My name is on that invite, Emma. And so is yours." I told them. "I know. I saw. It had to be the killer. He's trying to set us up. That's why he sent out that invite." Emma told me. "And these people just blindly bought into it." Noah spoke up.

"If I wanted to go to a rave, I'd get in a time machine and go back to the 90's." I huffed."It's like they've never seen April Fool's Day, or The House on Haunted Hill. Accepting an invitation to a mysterious party practically ensures a grisly death." Noah pointed out. "Isn't April Fool's Day where everything turns out to be a prank?" Zoe asked him, her eyes squinted. "Not if you've seen the alternate ending."

"Foster, focus." I snapped at him. "We need to figure out a way to shut this party down right now." I explained to the group. "And that's definitely gonna be as easy as it sounds." Noah said sarcastically. I made a face at him. "I can call Sheriff Acosta. I'll tell him there's underage drinking." Kieran announced. I looked around myself at the lights. "You know, it's not really a party without the music, or the lights." I whispered, more to myself than to anyone. "Arielle Collins, you are brilliant. We'll shut down the electricity." Noah had a smile on his face as he looked down at me. I had to hide the blush that was evident on my face. "We just need to find the source." Zoe said. Ugh.

"That's a great idea. Noah, Arielle. Go. Figure it out." Emma told us. "Wa--me?" I pointed to myself in confusion. "Yes, you! Go. Both of you." Emma said. I looked to Noah and Zoe. Noah stared at me in anticipation. And Zoe watched me with... jealousy. "Okay. Why don't Noah and Zoe go. I'll try to find some kind of server and Audrey. Because my phone's not working." I walked past Noah and Zoe. I turned back. "Oh, I'll text you if I see something suspicious." I called. "I thought your phone wasn't working!" Noah called back. "I'll send smoke signals!" I yelled, turning on my heel and rushing away.

---

A/N, I was gonna add more, but I'm so busy! Lmfaooo, I'm still writing. Don't worry. OH! AND SCREAM WAS JUST RENEWED FOR A THIRD SEASON!! CAN YOU HEAR ME SCREAMING!