XI. The Slumber Party

Jack and I sat quietly in his car.  He had driven me home after we sat together outside for a while.  But now I was fighting the urge to stay with him.  A lot happened tonight, a lot that I'm not quite sure what to think of, but I didn't want to leave my friend like this.  He wasn't his usual happy self, and I didn't like that.  I didn't want to leave him alone like this.

"Do you want to stay the night?" I finally broke the silence.  He looked over at me, furrowing his eyebrows at me.  "If you don't want to stay alone tonight, I mean." I looked away shyly, regretting I had said anything. 

"Where would I sleep?" he asked quietly. 

"My bed's a double, I'm sure we could both fit."  I looked back over at him, locking eyes.

"What would Jess think?"

"I guess she'll just have to trust me." I shrugged, a mischievous smile forming on my lips, making him chuckle.  "There's that laugh!" I said happily, hugging him.  "So, you up for a sleepover or what?" 

"Okay, sure," he said, turning the car off.  "You go on inside without me, I have to call my parents and let them know I'm staying at your place."

I nodded my head.  "Okay, just lock the door when you come in.  And, you know where my room is at so I'll be there," I said, hopping out of the car and running inside.

I kicked my shoes off quietly and made my way upstairs to my room.  It seemed like everyone was already asleep, which I was thankful for.  But this was going to be difficult to explain to Jess and the others in the morning. 

I walked over to my dresser and pulled out my pajamas.  After changing my clothes I paused.  What was Jack going to be sleeping in?  I'd have to sneak into my mom's room and see if she still had some of dad's old clothes maybe... No, that'd be too weird. I'll figure it out when he gets up here.

I hopped onto my bed and plugged my phone in the charger.  I had received multiple texts from Jess asking how the party was, which I had already replied to, but there was one new one from a number I didn't recognize.

1 New Message!

Unknown number:

Hey, Maxie, it's Alex.  Sorry about tonight, I was an idiot.  Thanks for cooling Jack off for me, I hope he's doing good.  Talk to you tomorrow hopefully

I saved Alex's number into my contacts and decided not to reply.  There was nothing really to say, after all.

I heard a knock on my door and I got up and quietly opened my door to see Jack.  I smiled at him and opened the door wider.  "Well, come on in."

"Thanks, again," Jack said, walking over to my bed and plopping down on it. 

"You're going to sleep in your clothes?" I asked, frowning at him.

"I don't have anything else to sleep in and I don't think you'd like my regular sleeping outfit," he chuckled.

"Oh, yeah?  Try me." I smirked.

"I usually just sleep in my boxers," he explained.  I blushed, looking away now.  He started laughing loudly at this, but I quickly grabbed a pillow and threw it at him.

"If you're going to laugh do it quietly, we don't want to be waking anyone up!" I scolded.

"Oh, right," he said nodding.  "By the way, I forgot to ask you something..." A playful smile entered his face.

"God, Jack, what is it?" I asked, putting my hands on my hips.

"No, no, come here, I have to say it quietly."  His smile grew even wider.