The Back Roads and the Back Row, Part 1

I woke up that morning at 6:30 to my alarm going off.

I remember what day it is, and immediately get butterflies in my stomach.

I get up, making myself coffee and breakfast.

After I eat and put my dishes in the dishwasher, I head upstairs to go get ready for the day.

I slip on my white lace dress, then quickly do my normal makeup routine.

After doing my makeup, I go to the bathroom really quick and double check and make sure I didn't forget to pack anything.

After double checking, I slip on my socks and grab my boots out of my closet, slipping them on.

I grab my suitcase and purse, and drag them all downstairs.

I struggle a little bit, but eventually make my way downstairs and out the door to my car.

I go around to the back and pop the trunk open, lifting my heavy suitcase into the back of my car.

I shut the trunk, going back inside and making sure I didn't forget to bring anything for the trip.

My phone charger.

That would've been bad.

I run back upstairs and unplug my charger from the outlet by my bedside table, heading back downstairs, locking the back door and then going out the front door and locking it behind me.

I climb into the car, taking my phone out of my purse before starting my car.

I shoot Cole and Madison both texts.

Me to Cole: On my way to pick up my best friend and then we're off on our eight hour adventure! So so excited to see you! ❤️

Then I text Madison next.

Me to Madison: Hey, girlie!! I'm on my way, so be ready!! You can fit your suitcase in my trunk. Make sure you have everything and I can't wait for our eight hour adventure! It's gonna be lit!

I smile to myself, putting the keys into the ignition of my Jeep Wrangler.

The car comes to life, and I reverse out of my driveway.

I start driving out of my neighborhood and turn on the country music radio station.

Some Luke Bryan comes on, and I turn it up, jamming out to his new single, 'Move'.

I sing along, not caring if I sound bad.

Before I know it, I'm pulling into Madison's driveway.

I see her excitedly come out of her house, locking her door behind her and dragging her suitcase behind her.

She walks to my Jeep, and I unlock the trunk for her.

I roll down the window.

"Need any help?" I ask.

"No thanks, I got it." She says.

"Okay girl." I say, and I watch her go around to the back of my car and open the trunk, shoving her suitcase in the back of my car.

She closes the trunk and comes back around to the passenger's side and climbs in.

"Hi!" She says cheerfully, smiling.

"Hey, so we're gonna get some gas and then we'll be on our way!" I say, sharing her cheerfulness.

"Okay, sounds good!" She says, and I start my way towards the highway.