Let Me See Ya Girl

*Savannah's P.O.V.*

Tears stream from my eyes as I listen to Cole Swindell's song, Middle of a Memory. This song has helped me get over a broken heart.

I met a perfect country boy named Blake that lives in my city, and I instantly fell for him.

He was good looking, sweet, caring, and funny. He was everything I'd ever wanted and needed.

We started talking, and we dated. I loved him with all of my heart, but one day he just left. He left my city, and didn't tell me why.

And that's what hurts me the most.

He never said that he loved me, but I thought he did. He always flirted with me and told me how beautiful I was, even though I didn't believe him.

I text him and call him still, a small part of me hoping that he would pick up the phone.

That's ridiculous. It's been a year; a rough one might I add.

Not a day has passed over the course of this year that I haven't thought about him.

I've never had depression until the break up, and I cry multiple times a week.

Sometimes it gets so bad that I have suicidal thoughts, thinking that I can't deal with all of this hurt anymore.

I hear my Facebook Messenger text tone ding, and my stomach twists in knots, thinking it might be Blake finally texting me.

I pick up my phone on my night stand, tears still streaming down my face.

I'm confused for a second, because it says that Cole Swindell texted me privately on Facebook Messenger.

The message reads: Hey there, I see you're a big fan! I'm honored!

My tears stop flowing, and a smile spreads across my face.

Then it fades, because this is probably just a fake account trying to get all of my personal information from me.

I view the profile, and it is in fact Cole Swindell's Facebook page.

Then my smile returns again, and I quickly think of what to type back.

I say: Wow, Cole. Thank you so much. You just made my life, haha. And yes, I am a big fan. It's really my honor. You're such an amazing guy and musician.

I click the power button on my phone, and lie back down, not expecting him to message me back right away.

A couple of minutes later, he texts me back.

Since you're such a loyal fan, would it be okay if I FaceTimed you? If you don't want to, it's fine. Just let me know! I'd love to meet you.

I squeal really loudly, freaking out. I accidentally woke up my french bulldog Leo, and am still freaking out.

"I'm sorry, Lee." I say to Leo.

He lies his head back down on my bed, trying to sleep again.

I'm giddy as I figure out what to say back to Cole.