Sixteen.

After dropping the cars back to the hire company, we found the cars and bikes and headed home. The roads were empty and the trip home wouldn’t have taken long if not for a detour.

Faking it as a stop for breakfast, I was surprised there was actually a café open as we hit town. Not only that, but the main street was closed off with a Christmas market. A man was playing a saxophone near one of the food stalls and our group dispersed through the street.

Connor went with his family while Ethan stuck by Caprice and Brian. Cody and I drifted down to the closed up shop of Esmeralda, but not before grabbing some freshly made cinnamon donuts from a food stall.

“It’s closed.” Cody pointed out as we got to the door.

“She’s a psychic, she would I’m coming.”

“If she’s not a fake.” He muttered.

We walked down the side of the building and glancing over the park area where I had killed Rowan a shiver ran down my spine. The back door was unlocked and instantly I became alert.

Walking in the assault of incense had my nose burning and Cody pulled his shirt over his nose to try and save himself. Walking out into the store everything was dark and quiet.

“I don’t think she’s here.” Cody’s voice was muffled through the fabric and I was about to agree with him when the familiar jingle sounded from the backroom.

“Of course I am here.” The blonde gypsy appeared dressed casually in jeans and a knitted sweater. Seeing her so normal was kind of unusual and Cody took my hand, pulling my back behind him slightly. “Settle down shifter. I mean her no harm.”

Getting closer she looked a little older than last time, her smooth skin was becoming worn with wrinkles and I stepped back as she reached out to me. The hug was awkward and Cody’s growl split us up.

“It is good to see you she-wolf, I have been keeping watch over you. Your fate has changed many times.” Taking my hand she led me to the room where her crystal ball waited. “Shall we see if your vision has changed?”

Cody stood behind me, watching every move she made.

“Out.” She pointed to the door and Cody shook his head. “Fine, but don’t blame me if you see something you don’t want to.”

Just like last time she held out her hand, waiting for mine.

“Hand.”

I did as she directed, déjà vu washing over me like the tingling that ran up my arm. She closed her eyes and same black mist began to rise from the ball. That wasn’t where the similarities ended either as the vision of Damon shooting Ethan appeared.

I couldn’t help feel disappointed that there wasn’t anything new until the image seemed to expand.

“I know that place.” Cody interrupted and Esmeralda’s eyes snapped open.