Seven.

No one could understand why Connor wanted to go to the festival yet as we pulled up in the car park, you’d never had guessed the amount of complaining Taylor had managed to come up with in the last week on why we shouldn’t go. She was out of the car quicker than Jay and Adam and the trio disappeared before Cody had turned off the car.

The second I got out, I decided we should have listened to her and glued myself against the side of the car. The sounds of the crowd ahead and the scents of different shifters was too much, and I was on the verge of having a panic attack. Cody got out, and was talking to Connor on the other side of the car. I had no idea what they were saying as the more I panicked, my hearing seemed disappear. The pounding of my heart took over as the only thing I could hear and before I could fall over, Cody had me by the shoulders and was faintly calling my name.

In reality, he was practically screaming it.

“Bianca!”

“What’s wrong with her?” Connor was scared, and I had to close my eyes as the daylight turned into a blinding spotlight.

“I don’t know.”

Relax, breath, I won’t let anything happen to us.

It was my wolf’s voice I heard first, calling me out from the darkness I was falling into and opening my eyes Cody was looking as scared as I felt. Looking around he had sat me in the back of the car, the door open above us I didn’t protest as he hugged me.

“Are you ok? What was that?”

“I can’t do it. I can’t be here.” I muttered, concentrating on my breathing I caught Connors gaze and he tried to smile.

“Why? What’s going on Bianca?”

The screams of children from a ride had me flinching back further into the car and he realized what was going on then.

“The crowds. I didn’t even think that would be an issue. I’m sorry.”

“You’re not the only one.” I muttered.

How can we find her if you’re hiding in here?

Shut up.’ I snapped at her, but she had a point.

“Did you want to go?” Cody offered and taking a deep breath I shook my head.

“No I need to do this.”

Good girl.

He extended his hand and helped me out of the car. Before I could freak out again as a car passed us, Connor took my free hand and gave it a squeeze.

“We’re here for you Bianca. If it gets too much, just say and we can come back here ok?”