Part 3 : Chapter 3

"She should've been back by now", Jean said worriedly.

"She'll be fine. Little can take care of herself", Armin said soothingly.

"He's right though", Mikasa protests. "Where is she?"

"We have another problem", Levi announces walking over.

"What is it?" Jean asks vex.

"Titans", Eren said absently.

He seems to be listening for sounds as he tilts his head. We all try to listen to find any sounds that indicate that the Titans are here. Mikasa and Levi are at the ledge looking for any sight of the Titans. Mikasa yells, "Titans!"

We quickly run over the ledge and jump off as Eren and the others made their 3DMG. I kill the first Titan I see and go after the next one. "There's too many", I thought frustrated. Then suddenly there's a scream. I turn to see Sasha falling into the Titan's mouth.

"No!" Armin yells.

We go after her to help, but we were too slow. Then I see something miraculously grab Sasha and take her out of the Titan's mouth. "Who is he?" I thought suspiciously. The man holds a fear-stricken Sasha in his arms and lands on a branch out of the Titan's reach. I feel a presence behind me and I look to find a smiling Titan.

It was too late for me to get out of the way and waited for the unavoidable fate. The Titan's head suddenly jerks back and a blur cuts off the hand that was going to grab me. By now, almost of the Titans are almost killed and two fast blurs killed them off. Someone scolds, "Didn't I tell you guys to be more careful? Jeez, I'm only gone for one night..."

I look to see Little with another man, looks to be in his late-thirties. But that didn't matter in the moment as I run up to Little and hug her. She tenses in shock and I hear a deep voice growl, "Get away from Little."

I let go of Little to see the man who saved Sasha. He looks like to be in his early twenties and a couple inches taller than me. "Do I know them?" I thought as the men looked strangely familiar. Little places her hand on the man's arm and he immediately calms down. Little smiles happily at me and says, "Meet Igor and Pops."

~

Today's afternoon isn't a pleasant one as Little and Erwin are still butting heads. Pops tries to tell Erwin that they're not a threat and would never do anything that will hurt Little, but that only seem to infuriate him more. Igor never leaves Little's side and defends her when he thinks Erwin says something out of line. Little yells unexpectedly, "They're my family! What's use of my powers if I can't save my family from a doomed fate?"

"If everyone could save their families, we wouldn't still be fighting the Titans!" Erwin argues angrily.

They glare at each other, breathing heavily. Igor scoffs and asks, "Little do you want to go hunting?"

"Yes. It's better than being here", Little answers angrily.

"Be careful", Pops said worried.

"We will!" Little yells before jumping off the ledge with Igor.

Pops looks at Erwin and warns, "If you hurt Little, I will kill you."

We look at him in shock and he leaves to go somewhere. After a moment of silence, Jean said sarcastically, "Here I thought I was protective of Little."

"Erwin it probably wise to not get Pops or Igor angry", Armin warns.

"I need to tell Levi about this before he causes trouble", I said tiredly.

-

"Corporal Levi", I greeted as I saw him sitting on the ledge.

"What do you want brat?" he growls.

"Have you heard about Pops and Igor?" I asked.

"Yeah. So what?" Levi asks bored.

"Are you going to do anything to anger them?" I asked worried.

He turns to look at me and sighs. "No."

"Really?" I asked hopefully coming closer.

He nods his head and turns back around. I wonder what's he's thinking about? I sit next to him and watch the horizon. I feel our hands intertwine and I blush feverishly, but we remained silent. It's been forever since we've been alone together.

It's nice...

~

"How does it feel to be human again?" I asked nervously.

"Weird. It's been a while since I was... you know", Igor said nervously.

"Have you eaten any Titans?" Pops asked with a raised eyebrow.

"I ate 3 before I found you and the two Titans after I turned you back", I answered casually.

I watch as Pops cuts the vegetables and Igor grill the meat while I made the soup. I asked looking at them, "I never knew you two can cook."

"When I was human, I would always cook for my wife before she passed away", Pops says fondly.

I look at Igor and he rolls his eyes. "I might know how to clean, sew, and cook because I had to take care of my three sisters."

I hold my hand to my chest and said teasingly, "You'll make a good wife someday."

Pops and I laugh as Igor turned into a red tomato. "Here taste this", Pops says holding something white on his spoon.

"I don't like potatoes Pops. I thought you knew that", I whined childishly.

"Eat it", Pops demands.

I scrunch up my face in disgust before I open my mouth. I swallow the mashed potatoes and moan. "That's really good", I said amazed.

Pops chuckles and Igor said, "With that, dinner is done."

-

The humans looked at our food suspiciously as if it was going to pop up and choke them. I did my best not to snap at them. I know that Pops and Igor were Titans until this morning and I'm practically a Titan, but we damn know how to cook. I look over at Pops to see him a bit crestfallen and I was about to snap when I hear someone exclaim, "This is delicious!"

I turn to see Sasha happily stuffing her face. Soon the others follow suit and gave well-deserved compliments to Igor and Pops. I smile as I see him preen proudly. I guess I'm going away knowing Pops and Igor are going to be okay. I let out a shaky breath...

You're next father...

~