Ch 32

After we ate Donovan drove us down town to his office, I didn't realize it but we were over eighteen hours away from the Coven. I felt a bit safer with that fact but for a wiccan that can transport eighteen hours is minor.

We walked into his office together, holding hands which caused a lot of commotion with is secretaries, who by the way, all had a sexual thing with Donovan. Once he commanded order in his office he flat out told the girls all that they either respect me and our relationship, which means no hitting on him or trying to ruin our relationship, or they can find a job elsewhere.

Needless to say they all went silent and went back to work, most of them buttoned up their slutty tops, pulled down their mini skirts and covered their midriff. There was this one girl who didn't do anything to alter her appearance and would give me dirty looks every time she got near but I just smirked at her and used my magic to mess with her.

Donovan had me sit in his office with him because he didn't trust the women in his office, his first call was to the subdivision firm requesting the exchange in office staff to rid him of any possible attacks on me, even though I believe the only one I would have an issue with is that one skank but that's just me.

After a couple hours of reading I was starting to get hungry again, but Donovan was in the middle of a business deal. Turns out he runs one of the cities top cargo business, and he has subdivisions all over the world. His words were getting heated as this person is trying to get Donovan to drop the prices for a shipment.

I stand up and walk silently behind him, since i'm only wearing socks its easy to be quiet, I start to rub Donovan's shoulders. I feel the tension slowly start to leave his body and as the tension melts his tone of voice drops down so he is no longer yelling. After another fifteen minutes on the phone they finally come to an agreement which is totally in Donovan's favor.

He spun around and pulled me onto his lap, I wrap my arms around his neck and smile at him he smiles back and gently lays his palm on my cheek.

"You are amazing and know just what I need, thank you." him thanking me like this made my heart flutter and my cheeks flush red.

"You looked stressed and you have only been here for a couple hours hon." he sighed and pulled me against his chest, breathing me in. I enjoyed the warmth that surrounded me accompanied by his arms, I felt safe which is odd because the only other person I felt safe with, who wasn't my mate, was Clayton.

"We need to take you shopping for your own clothes my love. We will go after I do some paperwork okay?" he spun back around to face his desk, adjusting me so I am sitting on his knee while he does paperwork.

"Isn't this uncomfortable? Shouldn't I just go back to the couch, or would it be better if I sat on your desk?" his eyes flashed with a predator like gleam when I mentioned sitting on his desk, he grinned wickedly at me.

"Darling I wouldn't be doing paperwork if you were sitting on my desk, I would be to busy doing you! At least this way I still get to touch you while doing my work." he nipped at the exposed skin of my neck, leaving love bites all over the place. I giggled at how playful he was being.

"Okay I get it, I'll sit like a good girl." I kissed his nose and giggled at the look he gave me before he went back to doing his paperwork.

We sat like that for another hour before Donovan was caught up and we could leave. Again we walked through the office holding hands, but by now he had all new staff, and for some reason they were mostly men. I didn't think anything of it as we walked out and down the elevator to the main floor to get into his car.

He expertly maneuvered his mustang through traffic, around the pedestrians and towards the mall. I was remembering how Shauna and Trevor always had to drag Clayton and I along with them to the mall. These memories were like fresh stab wounds, raw and painful, I could feel myself getting sad thinking of my friends, until I thought of Shauna's warning that they are coming for me.