Ch. 10

After a long relaxing run my muscles burn and I am ready for a hot shower, then I'm ready to face the day. I have decided to confront Shauna about her other half on her cell phone, that is going to be hard.

I enjoy a hot shower, get dressed and grab a quick apple to tide me over until I steal Shauna for brunch and again I am off. Only this time I take my truck, I just ran ten miles I don't need to walk any more.

I head over to Shauna's place in hopes that she is there without Trevor, but there is a slim chance of that as those two are inseparable. I pull into her driveway and see that sure enough Trevor is standing in the driveway yelling at Shauna as she is in tears.

I don't know what to do, do I get out and intervene? Or do I sit and wait? I'm sure they know I'm here so I can't just drive away, especially when its my best friend. I take a deep breath and decide to get out. I need to be moral support for my bestie.

"... were you ever going to tell me? I mean shit we have been together for almost five years. I thought we had something. Apparently not." I heard part of what Trevor was yelling, until he turned around and stomped away and took off down the street.

Shauna was a blubbering mess, laying on the ground crying her eyes out. Sobbing and hiccuping from how hard she is crying. Her other half forgotten I help her up from the ground and practically carry her into her house. I get her set on the couch, which she lays down immediately, and I head to the bathroom for a wet cloth to wipe her face with.

By the time I come back down the same man who's picture came up on her phone was sitting with her cuddled in his arms rocking her back and forth, whispering sweet words in her ear. I take a minute to assess him and realize that he isn't wiccan, so what is he I wonder.

"You can come out now, I know you are back there witch." his harsh words startled me out of my thoughts.

"Who and what are you?" I bravely question as I step into the living room. I take a look at Shauna and see she isn't crying, just staring into space.

"My name is Marco and what I am is of no concern of yours." his rude attitude towards me was really starting to get annoying, but I knew if he was Shauna's other half then I will have to be nice to him.

"Fine, I already know you are Shauna's other half and I am dam sure you had something to do with the fight between Trevor..." I didn't even get to finish my sentence before a loud growl was emitted through the house, knowing that sound from my other half I then knew he was a wolf and very territorial.

"Never mention that name in front of me again witch." he growled at me. That seemed to bring Shauna out of her trance and she looked from me to her other half then back to me. She shot out of his arms and into mine.

"Oh Lauren I know it wasn't meant to be between me and Trevor but I never imagined it would hurt this much." She started crying again as I wrapped my arms around her.

"Hey now, I know Shuana it will hurt for a little while. Its like I said last night you can't help your feelings. But trust in your other half. He will be able to help dull the pain, and he is the one who can make you feel better. I love you like a sister but I can only offer the moral support. Your other half is the one who can help heal you." I pulled back keeping my hands on her shoulders to look her in the eye.

"Trust in your other half and everything will be OK." I gave her a small smile and she pulled me into a hug again.

"Thank you. This is why I encourage you to meet with Beau after your birthday. The bond between your other half is spectacular." she spoke quietly, with a sniffle here and there as she hugged me. Once she let go she went back to the man standing near the couch.

"You know Alpha Beau?" the wolf questioned me. I nodded my head as a goofy grin took over my face.

"Yes he is my other half." I just can't get rid of the grin when I think of Beau, I can't wait to feel the mate bond like Shauna.

"You are my Alpha's mate? Then why hasn't he taken you away from this god forsaken coven?" he turned towards Shauna completely ignoring me, "That's why I came to you, I was scared when I couldn't reach you this morning. I want you to come with me. If she is the Alpha's mate then you both can come." he looked so hopeful, gentle and I could tell he already cared for Shauna.

"You do know that wiccan are always taken away from their other halves if they are not mated within the colony. If I choose you I will have to go against my family and friends that I have grown up with. If I choose them I have seen the repercussions of it. I am not worth the trouble, you should just reject me and forget about me." She started crying again, I was shocked.

After she did everything she could to keep me with Beau she wants to give up on her other half so early. That got me upset, I could tell it hurt her other half as well as his eyes are glassy and I think he is in physical pain as well.

"NO! You are NOT allowed to give up Shauna! I don't give a shit if its going to be hard. You have done everything you could to support me with my situation with Beau and I am going to do the same for you and him." his eyes widened as if he was shocked at my statement.

Both the wolf and Shauna say "Max." at the same time. I assume that is his name, which means I can stop referring to him as wolf or that man.

"What ever, after my birthday next weekend we are going to meet Max and Beau at the bar as promised and from there we will figure this shit out! You are not giving up without at least a fighting chance." with that I left to give her time to think as well as time to spend with Max.