Ch. 9

After the movie, which was frigging amaze balls by the way, we regretfully parted ways with Beau and his friends. Well regretfully to me any ways, everyone else was happy to be away from the wolves. Kyron apologized to both me an Clayton, he even admitted he was in the wrong which shocked everyone.

"I enjoyed the movie but it would have been better if those dam dogs didn't show up." Clayton mumbled on the drive home.

"Oh shut up Clayton. Your just mad because Lauren didn't get to hang off you tonight. Not that she would have in the first place. Get over it you big doofus." Janelle spoke up for the first time in a while, she was normally the quite one of the group, never having much of an opinion. That shocked everyone in the vehicle.

"It's fine just forget about it, everyone." Trevor barked from the front seat.

"Who the hell put you in charge?" Janelle shot back right away. I was confused as to where this had all come from as she continued. "Just because you are driving does not make you the boss when we all step out of the coven." she glares Trevor down from the back seat, I can feel the intensity of her glare from beside her, I was glad at that moment that I wasn't on the receiving end.

"No one put me in charge but I am not about to let a fight break out over something that doesn't even involve you. You have yet to find your other half so you don't know the shit show that Clayton has gone through. Yes we all know he has feelings for Lauren but we can't help who our feelings are for. So just shut up and quit trying to cause a fight." Trevor's voice dropped an octave as he spoke, you could tell he was done with this argument.

Thankfully Janelle let the whole conversation drop, the only down fall is everyone stayed in this intense silence for the remainder of the drive back to the coven. It was so thick I was having a bit of trouble breathing, I have never been claustrophobic but after that intense argument I felt I would become.

Noticing how uncomfortable I was Clayton rolled down the window a bit to let some fresh air into the vehicle for me. I gave him a grateful smile, he smiles back and puts his arms around my shoulders so I could get closer to the window.

"Everything ok Lauren?" Shauna questions as she notices my position with Clayton.

"Yeah just feeling slightly claustrophobic." I explain.

"That's my fault, I'm sorry." Janelle apologized but didn't make any move to make amends. Not sure what is going on with her but it cannot be good.

"It's fine." I give her a reassuring smile, she gives me a fake quick smile in return. Something is up with her and I don't like the feeling I'm getting. I take a couple deep breaths and lean away from Clayton but he doesn't move his arm. I just ignore it and stare straight ahead lost in my thoughts.

Once we arrived back Trevor dropped Janelle off first, she got out and ran to her house as fast as possible. She didn't even bother saying thank you or good bye, just took off running. We all just kind of watched her run into the house and slam the door shut.

"What crawled up her ass?" Shauna broke the silence. Everyone exchanged a confused look before Trevor finally spoke.

"I don't know and I don't care, she doesn't know what its like to be pulled from her other half. She doesn't know the pain and confusion as well as the depression that comes along with it. She has no right even thinking nasty things about Clayton or Lauren." I smiled at my friends sticking up for me.

"Lauren I know you have your other half, I know how that feels trust me. I would give anything to have that feeling back. I am jealous but I want you happy. We all do." he motioned to everyone in the car, everyone agreed with him. "This is why we are all going support you in what ever you choose. Just know that if you aren't able to stay with the wolf man I will help you the way you helped me." he took hold of my hand and gave it a reassuring squeeze.

That was the moment that I knew no matter what happens it won't be the end of the world as I have the best friends a person could ever ask for sitting with me in the car. I could feel the tears prick my eyes as I smiled at the three people who were closest to me. As close as family.

"Thanks you guys, I feel like I can conquer the world with you three by my side." I feel a tear slide down my cheek and Clayton gently wipes it away for me. I smile at him as he gazes at me lovingly. I know it hurts him to see me with someone else, and I understand that, but I know he is a great guy and he will be happy eventually.

"You know we got you boo." Shauna jokes around making everyone laugh, lightening the atmosphere of the car greatly as we pull up in front of my apartment building.

"Thanks for taking us to the movies Trevor, I had fun." they all waved as they drove away and I was left to go to bed, thinking of my Beau.

The next morning was Sunday thankfully, I didn't have any plans and was just going to lay around the apartment doing nothing. I stretched and headed to the kitchen, as I approached I could hear the buzz buzz buzz of a cell phone. That was odd as I left my phone in my bedroom wanting to ignore everyone, who's phone was going off in my living room?

I slowly make my way over to a pink sparkly phone tucked between the couch cushions, picking up I see its Shauna's phone. The picture on the phone is a man that I've never seen before with the name other half with a make shift heart. I don't answer the phone but I make a note to ask her about as soon as I can reach her.

I head into the kitchen with Shauna's phone in my hand to make some coffee, I need strong coffee to try and wake myself up today. Deciding I need to do something because I have been feeling strange lately, I decide that a run is in order. But not until after my coffee, caffeine is an important part in my life.