Chapter 7: Warnings

A/N: Thank you for all the support on this book. It means a lot.

Ice. Everywhere. As far as the eye could see there was ice. T, turned to Iris. "Now?" He asked. She nodded. They turned and arm in arm they walked down the promenade to the bridge deck. They had been hanging out a lot recently and now they were headed out to the bridge deck to deliver a message to Captain E. J. Smith. Earlier they had been talking to Jack Philips one of the macaroni operators. The poor man had been overworking himself and he asked them if they would deliver some messages to the captain.

Becca and Salali were watching them and came up behind them. They were wondering where they were going. When told where and why they exploded with questions.

"Slow down! We knew we would have to go there eventually, and now we have an excuse. Besides Jack wants us to deliver every ice message he receives. Think of it we can now reverse one mistake!"

T jumped in. "Most of the ice messages never reached the bridge so we can change that!" T was getting more exited by the minute.

All four of them barged into the wheel house and Captain E.J. Smith wheeled around angrily. "What is the meaning of this?" He boomed. Realizing who it was however calmed him down. "What can I do for you?" He asked.

Together Iris, T, Becca, and Salali tried to explain everything. The look on Smith's face showed he clearly didn't believe them. "Thank you for the message." He answered curtly. "Although I already knew of the ice warnings. Just look around you, there is ice everywhere! Now GET OUT!" He shouted.

When the quartet was out of earshot, Iris started to grumble. "Who does he think he is. He didn't even look at the warning! His mistakes are going to get him and thousands of people in trouble." She continued to mutter under her breath. T and the others knew she would keep going for a while so he stopped her with a kiss.

Salali reminded everyone that there were still a few more messages that they would have to deliver. Maybe he would think differently after he gets more of them.

                                                                       ~=+=~

Everyday one member of the group would run a message or two up to the bridge and every time Captain Smith would yell at them to get out of the wheelhouse and stop giving him messages. He didn't need warnings about them. He could just look out the window.

 Tired and discouraged, the group once again left the wheelhouse. It seemed hopeless, Captain Smith would still ignore the warnings, even after they ensured that he got every single one.