Chapter 12- Together Again

Start from the beginning

"Um, can you help me?", I asked awkwardly in a muffled voice, blushing lightly.

Connor bit his lip- which, by the way, is the sexiest thing ever- before showing me an amusing smile. "You're too adorable, Andy", he said, reaching for my helmet. Meanwhile, I'm like blushing way too much for my liking and I thank god in the sky that it's dark outside so he can't see it my face. Then of course, when Connor reached for the straps, his hand brushed against my skin again, making me go overboard.

I actually think he's doing all of this on purpose. He knows how much I blush to pretty much everything. Heck, he nicknamed me 'strawberry' when we had our second first date on the beach after all the drama with Chiara and stuff.

Talking about Chiara, I should really call her soon. I haven't had time to because of everything that's been happening. And Jake too. I miss both of them like crazy.

When Connor removed the black helmet off of me, he held out his hand and helped me off the vehicle. That was the first time I've had physical contact with him in a long time and I could pretty much burst at the moment.

He didn't take his hand out from mine as we walked across the parking lot and I sighed, once again, in contentment. When we entered the fast food restaurant, I saw that it was pretty much empty. Connor and I were literally the only people there, not counting the staff, of course. But then again, it's like four in the morning. Only we would come here this early while the whole city is still in bed sleeping.

Connor led me over to one of the booths and I sat down on one side. "Hey, do you want anything?", Connor asked as he placed both our helmets down on the table while gesturing over to the counter.

"Oh, you don't have to get me anything", I responded softly, feeling bad about him having to spend money on me.

But I guess he knew that I felt bad because then he said, "Andy, I bought you that necklace around your neck for like four-hundred dollars. I think I can buy you a coffee for like two bucks".

A faint smile appeared on my face as I looked down at the necklace and realized that he does have a point there. "Then I'll have a small regular coffee, please", I ordered with a sigh, giving in.

"I'll be back", he told me before walking away.

I sighed again and leaned against the booth before pulling my phone out from my hoodie pocket. It's something to do while Connor's ordering. I typed in my password (I actually don't know why I have a password. I'm the only that uses my phone and Sierra and she knows my password, so it's pretty much useless) and then saw I have a text message from Sierra.

Where the heck are you?!?!??

I guess she woke up and saw I was gone. At McDonald's with Connor, I replied.

Her response came almost immediately. What?!?!?!?!

I'm at McDonald's with Connor, I repeated.

Well... Then... Uh... Have fun? I guess.

Thanks :)

I quickly sent my reply just as Connor came walking back to where I was with two coffee cups in his hands. "Here", he said, handing me one as he sat down across from me.

"Thank you", I said quietly.

"You're welcome".

For a bit, the both of us just sat there quietly while drinking our beverages. The silence was really bothering me, though, and so was the thick awkwardness. You can probably feel the somewhat tension and uncomfortableness all the way in Alaska.