Chapter 23- Running Away

Author's Note: Hi everyone! So before I start talking about what I normally talk about, I just want to give everyone an update on Never Said Goodbye:

So I finished planning out the rest of the book a few nights ago, and I just wanted to let everyone know that there will be roughly around 35 chapters in total, so we still have a couple chapters left. I'm hoping to get this book done before June, the latest at the end of June. I just wanted to let everyone have a heads up on that.

Song: The song on the side is Winter Song by Sara Bareilles and Ingrid Michaelson. I think it captures the emotion of this chapter perfectly, so if you want to listen to it, then that'd be great.

Picture: The picture is of a lyric of the song. It is my own edit and photography.

Before you start reading this chapter, I just want to remind everyone the year this story takes place. The year in the story is 2013, if anyone forgot. You're going to need to know that for this chapter. I hope you all like this chapter because I worked really hard on it. I hope you guys feel the same emotion I felt while writing it. So hope you enjoy it and please vote, comment, and share! Thank you! :)

*This chapter is also unedited*

-

“People talk about the pain of grief, but I don’t know what they mean. To me, grief is a devastating numbness, every sensation dulled.”- Veronica Roth, Allegiant

-

“Andy, I’m afraid that isn’t a possibility at this point,” Sam told me on the other side, and I felt like breaking even more and more as he continued to object.

“Sam, please,” I begged. “Please. I can’t handle it here anymore. I tried for you and Linda, but I just can’t be here anymore.”

“Andy, whatever problems you’re having over there, you need to solve them. I’m sorry,” he said apologetically. “I want to help you out as much as I can, but this time, I can’t do anything about it. I’m now allowed leaving my job even though I want to sometime. I don’t like dropping you and Sierra off with someone else while Linda and I are all the way across the country, but that’s what we have to do sometime. I’m sorry, Andy.”

That made me cry even harder, no longer because of him not letting me go home, but because of guilt. Since I’ve moved in with them, I’ve always been guilty. I am not their child, and I am definitely not their responsibility. I’ve been putting on unnecessary burden on their family, which is something they don’t need. They’re always worrying about whether I’m okay or not, and I always say that I am. I hate showing my weaknesses in front of people, especially in front of them. But now I am, and the fact that I’m giving them something else to worry about is making me feel useless and pathetic.

“Listen, Andy,” he continued on, his voice sounding exhausted, making me feel guilty all the more so. “How about you relax tonight- try to be okay. Linda or I will call you in the morning, okay?”

I sniffed. “Alright.”

“I love you, Andy. Linda and I miss you and Sierra very much, please believe that. Say hi to all your friends for us.”

“I will. I love you too, Sam.”

“Alright, Andy, good night.”

“Good night.”

As soon as he hung up, I let the tears fall once more. There has to be something I can do- somewhere I can go. I can’t stay here anymore, knowing that everyday I’m going to have to face him. Every day, I’m always reminded of the past. Every day, I have to stop myself from wanting him. I just need to get away from here, from all the parts of me that I’ve lost. They’re all with him, and seeing my ghost with him will just keep me awake.