"This is 'Hyrule Historia'; basically, it's a book that holds a ton of info about Hyrule and the Triforce...even some info on the two souls of the hero and the princess," Link explained, but Ganondorf was lost.

"I'm sorry...the two souls? Reincarnated? When did this happen?" he asked, and Link shrugged.

"Honestly, I don't even know. But everyone who grew up around the legends of Hyrule knows this kind of stuff. I wasn't expecting you to, anyway," Link muttered, opening the book once more.

Somebody walked past the aisle of books the pair was standing in, and they both used the hoods of their cloaks to hide their faces.

Heroes of Hyrule: The Beginning

Since the beginning of time, Hyrule has been saved countless times by a hero whose name is unknown to us still.

The first hero was a young man who lived during the era in which Hylia was still alive. The land was called Hylia's Rule, and mortals flourished in this land. Hylia watched over all of them, blessing them with happiness and fortune in her divine land.

Our first hero was chained up and sat in a cell for many years. Until it was time for him to play out his destiny, being the only one Hylia could trust. When the hero and Hylia met, she asked for his help in defeating the Demon King, Demise.

Demise was the greatest evil in the land, locked up by Hylia many years before. Demise broke free of his chains one day, and attacked the land of Hylia's Rule. That was when Hylia realized her power alone could not stop Demise this time, so she walked upon the land of mortals in search of a hero with a brave soul.

Hylia blessed the hero with her divine creation of the Master Sword, a sword of power and light that could shun out the darkness. The blade of evil's bane, as it was called.

The hero accepted her request without any hesitation, and soon Demise attacked the land.

The hero managed to face his fears, and defeated Demise, using the Master Sword to block him away forever. Hylia then used the Master Sword herself, and cut a piece of the terrain from her land, using all her power to send it somewhere safer: to the sky, above the clouds.

Demise was sealed, but Hylia knew he would break free one day. And she, nor the hero, would be there to stop him.

Upon finding the hero's dead body, she promised she would meet him again in the next life. She sacrificed herself and the hero, using both of their souls as a way to defeat the evil of her land.

No matter when it happened, if evil was to crawl upon Hylia's land once more, the hero and her soul would be reincarnated and used to defeat the evil.

The Era of the Sky

The next hero existed hundreds of years later, residing on the land in the sky that Hylia had brought upon them.

When the maiden, in which her veins flowed the blood of the White Goddess, Hylia, was suddenly kidnapped by a loyal servant to Demise, our hero set out on a grand adventure to save her.

The maiden was called Zelda, but was accompanied by a young woman named Impa, who brought her to the two springs of the Surface, where Zelda would pray to the goddesses above, and memories from her past life as Hylia resurfaced in her mind.

"So...Zelda...even the Zelda now, in her veins flow the blood of Hylia. Meaning, she is the princess who has been reincarnated for centuries..." Link mumbled to himself, before reading again. He knew now to expect her name to appear in more stories.