"But she came all the way from America!" Claire protested.

"You think I give a shit? No, not happening. Sorry Emma but you'll have to find somewhere else to stay." Andy declared crossing his arms. Somewhere else to stay? I didn't even know where the nearest motel 6 was!

"Can't she just stay the night?"

"Claire, I already said no, now it's either she goes or both of you go," Andy said forcefully. I stood stock-still in place, surely Claire would choose me. Surely we could just all work something out surely-

"I'm sorry Emma," Claire apologized insincerely before shutting the door in my face. 

She could've just slapped me in the face it would've hurt less.

My current situation is no place to sleep, no best friend, and no idea where to go.

I brush my long hair out of my face, get up with the little dignity I have left and walk out of this dingy coffee shop. I figure it's no use wasting my time sitting here and if I want to get any sleep I needed to find a hotel and quickly, it's about mid-day and it'll be dark in a few hours. My bags are harder to carry than I expected and I'm left wandering around the streets looking for a "hotel" sign.

Apparently this day could get worse.

"You have got to be kidding me! Look what you did! Could you bother paying attention to where you're going?" I scream at the sweaty boy who just ran head on into me.

Although I'm furious at this boy for hitting over my luggage and spilling all my possessions onto the sidewalk, I can't help but stare. His vibrant green eyes stare back at me, wide and innocent like a sad puppy. His curly brown hair is swept back into a black beanie and I have the urge to rip it off to reveal his long unruly chocolate curls. He's wearing jeans tighter than mine and he wore a low white v-neck displaying two swallows on his upper chest. As I'm enjoying the view I remember everything I own is squalled out all over the side walk.

"Oh love, I'm really sorry I was just running from the—" He opens his mouth to speak and I cut him off before he can finish.

"Hey, well guess what, I don't really care! The only thing I care about is finding a place to stay for the night and picking up everything you made me drop." I snap back. I don't mean to unleash my anger on him, but my patience is running dangerously thin.

"Here, let me help. I'm terribly sorry." His accent is strong and I don't want him to stop talking.

After we've picked everything up I turn to him and say, "I would say thank you, however you were the one who caused it." In better circumstances I probably would've laughed at my own joke but right now I couldn't find any humor in it. 

"I'm sorry again.  You said you were looking for a hotel? I could give you a ride to make it up for you?" He offers.

"Well considering I have no idea who you are, I'm going to pass. So if you could please just point me in the direction of the nearest hotel and I'll be on my way." I say, trying to maintain eye contact so he gets the point.

"Are you sure? It's like a twenty minute walk." He almost looks sad about my decline. However it's probably the first time he's been turned down.

"Just give me the directions and get out of my way." I say sternly.

"Walk about 15 minutes that way, then turn left and take the second right and it's right there. You'll see the signs." He explains the directions to me and waves his hands around motioning to the different turns. 

"Right, thanks. Bye." Rolling my bags behind me and with my backpack slugged over my shoulder I stalk off down the road. When I finally think I'm free from this stranger, I hear the thick accent again.

He runs to catch up with me, and goes on to say, "I didn't get your name."

"That's because I didn't give it to you."

"Okay, fine. No name, where are you from?"

"Why do you care?" 

"I get it, you're new here and you're not going to trust a random stranger who wants to help you. So, if I'm going to walk you to this hotel, I might as well tell you about myself." He says as if he's had this conversation with 20 other people. 

"That's great but I really don't want to know anything about you." I say kindly. 

"Hello, nice to meet you, I'm Harry. My favourite colour is blue and orange, I love traveling, I'm from Cheshire, I used to work at a bakery, and currently, I think I am late for a meeting."

"Nobody is asking you to stay." I point out. We walk in silence for the next couple minutes.

"So, now's the time where you tell me about yourself," Harry adds. I continue to ignore him as I brush past multiple people buzzing around the sidewalks. "What's your biggest wish?"

"For you to leave me alone," I scoff.

"You're really funny, in a sort of "mean I don't like people way", not sure why I'm helping you." I can't help but notice him being quite squeamish as we walk. He walks beside me with pace, as if he's running from something, or someone. He keeps his distance, walking a few steps in front of me as to lead the way, moving people out of my direct path. People stare at him as if he's some masterpiece out of a gallery, but with a face like that I can see the comparison. 

"And you're annoying, but I'll tell you about myself if it gets you out of my hair. I'm Emma and I'm from Michigan. Today has been the worst day of my life and so far I have no job and no proper place to live. Happy?"  Gosh, maybe he will leave now that I've told him about myself. However his first response is, "What's your favourite colour?"

"Really? That's what you took out of that?" I'm starting to really get quite irritated by this guy. All he does is nod and smile.

"It's purple."

"Favourite movie?"

"Love Actually." I admit embarrassed about my adoration for such a cheesy movie.

"No way! That's mine!" I look at him skeptically waiting for him to say he's kidding but he never does.
"Who's you favourite singer?" 

"Look, either walk with me in silence or leave. I'm trying to figure out my next move and I can't think straight with you and your 20 questions."

Peace and quiet. He doesn't seem like a bad guy, but his extroverted actions seem creepy and weird coming from a complete stranger. He is cute though, I wouldn't mind getting to know him. Oh don't be so stupid. He's probably just trying to get with you. I've met a thousand guys like him, all act so innocent and turn out to be complete douches. We walk in complete and utter silence until we get to the hotel. Finally, now he has to leave.

"Well, thanks for your help." I say awkwardly as he holds the doors to the hotel open for me.

"That was fun, let's do it again sometime!" he smiles before turning on his heel and strolling off leaving me standing there watching him in a confused intrigued and bewildered state. 

a/n

so this is how it's gonna go
i rlly don't like this story at all looking back at it, but people seem to like it so it's okay i guess 
also emma isn't really played by anyone i know that's annoying but it's kind of like a cross between emma watson and zoe sugg i guess? i don't know, if you need to picture someone then there you go, im sorta editing this a bit cos i fucked a lot of stuff up but anyways have fun y'all love u to bits 

harry's a cutie pie and emmas a bitch am i right