Chapter Nine

Tabby's POV

So, it's been a few weeks since I got injured, and now I'm completely healed. I'm so glad to finally be healed, Michael didn't leave my side the whole time. I mean, I love Michael to death, but when your best friend is constantly by your side and won't leave, it gets a little annoying.

Luke and I have gotten a lot closer in the past few weeks, and I'm thankful for that. He's so sweet, yet he's shy. It makes him even cuter. Speaking of Luke, I haven't seen him today.

"Michael, have you seen Luke?" I asked my now black-haired best friend who was playing a video game. He just shook his head in response and averted his attention back to the TV in front of him.

I sighed and leaned back on the couch, then went into the kitchen for something to eat. I scrimmaged through the refrigerator, desperately in search of food. My gaze settled upon a bag of leftover pizza slices, so I grabbed it and made myself a plate with three slices, then heated them up in the microwave.

I sat down at the kitchen table and began stuffing my mouth. I ate in utter silence, the only sounds being made by Michael's video game.

I finished eating and put my plate in the dishwater, then got it ready to start it. I went upstairs and ran into Luke on accident.

"Oh, sorry, Luke. I didn't mean to bump into you," I apologized, making him laugh lightly.

"It's okay, Tabs. I was coming to ask you a question anyway," he replied, making me nod.

"Okay, uhm, let's go my room," I suggested, opening my door and moving to the side so he could go inside. He walked in and I shut the door behind us, then sat down in the edge of my bed. He stood by the door awkwardly, making me laugh.

"Luke, come sit," I told him, which he gladly obligated. He sat down next to me and traced patterns into my green bed sheets.

"So," Luke started, apprehensively biting his lip. "I wanted to ask you a question and I want you to answer me honestly, okay?" He finished, looking at me straight in the eyes. I nodded in response and pushed him to continue.

"Will you go on a date with me, Tabby?" He asked, anxiety and anxiousness clear in his tone. I smiled brightly and hugged him, whispering in his ear.

"I would love to go on a date with you, Luke. I will," I replied, making him sigh in relief.

"Thank goodness, I was worried you would say no," he spoke, laughing lightly at the end. I laughed and shook my head.

"I would never say that. When do we leave?" I asked so I could plan how long I had to get ready.

"We'll be leaving in 3 hours sharp, make sure you wear comfortable yet casual clothing," he listed, making me nod.

"Okay, see you then. I'll start getting ready," I replied, shooing him out of my room. I frantically paced my room trying to think of what to wear. I rummaged through my closet, mumbling swear words under my breath at my clothes. I finally chose a pair of black skinny jeans, my black converse, and a plaid button up shirt.

I quickly rushed into the bathroom to take a shower, thoroughly cleansing my skin. After I finished, I got out and dried my hair, putting it into a side braid. I then went to my desk and sat down, pulling my make up out. I applied some mascara, eyeliner and brushed my teeth.

By the time I finished, I had a good half hour till we left. I went downstairs and found Michael talking with Ashton and Calum. I smiled and walked over, hugging all of them.

"Hey Tabby, how are you today?" Calum asked, pulling his famous smile.

"Hey! I'm doing great, how about yourselves?" I asked him and Ashton, getting nods in response.