Chapter 19

Today is the day that Hoseok and I tell his parents about our marriage. Nervously, I fidget with my floral pastel skirt as I look in the black bordered mirror. I have on a plain white v-neck with a pocket on my right breast, along with the skirt and a light pastel blue pair of pumps. My hair is lightly curled at the ends, is this nice enough?

"Stop stressing jiayja, you look beautiful," Hoseok's voice drifts into my ears like soft music. In the background of the mirrors reflection stands Hoseok. My eyes follow him as he steps closer to me. His pastel blue button up shirt matches my shoes, along with his white denim jeans to match my shirt.

"Did you watch me dress?" I ask, raising an eyebrow.

"Aniyo, I would never do that," he insists. "Without your permission of course." A smirk appears on his face as he steps even closer, turning me around slowly.

"I have something for you, come to the living room." Hoseok whispers, running his fingers along my arms, lightly taking my hand into his. I shuffle behind him, watching his legs taking their long broad steps. I love how he always walks with such confidence.

Everyone is in the living room, staring at us expectantly. It's just like a few nights ago when we announced our marriage. I wonder why they are here? As I open my mouth to question it, Hoseok drops down to one knee, taking a small box from Jungkooks hands.

"Min Rayeon, I remember your first day here. How you chose to sleep with me rather than Jungkook and how you both walked in on me dancing. Our first night together was the best sleep I have ever gotten. I remember how jealous and heart broken I was when you were with Jimin. I thought my heart was going to jump out of my chest, I had troubles sleeping because you weren't there. Our first time officially becoming a couple, our first hug, our first kiss, the first time we said, 'I love you.' You see past my childish ways and my goofy antics. I can't imagine fighting through life without you by my side," he stops, slowing opening the smooth black velvet box. Tears stream out of our eyes as my hands cup around my mouth in shock.

"Min Rayeon, will you marry me?" his eyes did not waver from mine, even with the flashes from the groups cameras and their loud wolf whistles, he remains still.

Shakily, I reach my left hand out to him, simultaneously wiping my face with my right. Taking in a ragged breath, I steady myself it answer.

"Yes Jung Hoseok, I will marry you." Even if this is an arranged marriage, it feels real. The tears and feelings between Hoseok and I are real, whether the world accepts us or not does not matter. We are in love.

A cold sensation takes over my ring finger as Hoseok slides on the diamond ring. It is a simple marquise cut ring with a silver band and only one diamond. I love it.

Though putting on the ring felt like forever, it was only a matter of seconds. Hoseok jumps up from the ground bringing his lips to mine. I return the gesture, wrapping my arms delicately around his neck. We pull away slowly, resting our foreheads against each other's.

"I love you," I whisper, playing with his hair.

"I love you too."

"Okay, enough with the sappy stuff! Look I got it all on video!" Jungkooks innocent voices yells gleefully, causing us to pull out of the hug. We turn 90 degrees to face him.

His bunny smile is peeking through as he holds up his iPhone. There, on the screen is a clip of the proposal.

"The fans will love it," Jin says clapping his hands. My smile drops slowly.

"What's wrong dongseung?" Yoongi oppa asks, noticing my frown.

"Nothing, I'm just well uh nervous." I look down, fiddling with my ring on my finger.

"Don't be nervous Rayeon, they already love you," Yoongi oppa coos placing a hand on my shoulder for reassurance.

"Ne."

"Congratulations chingwo!" Bosook yells out of no where, relieving the tension that formed in the room.

"Gamsanida!" I reply opening my arms for a hug. She happily accepted, giving me a tight squeeze.

"Yeah! Congratulations Hoseok and Rayeon!" the boys chorus, joining into mine and Bosooks hug. We continued in the hug for a couple of seconds, then pulled out.

"I'd hate to be a Debby-downer but Rayeon and I must meet my eomma and appa." Hoseok oppa informs.

"Kajja." he says taking my hand. We wave good bye then head out to the car.

_____________

I've come to realize that whenever I'm nervous I fiddle with my skirts hem, it's not intentional it's more of an instinct. Nevertheless it's a problem I should rid myself of because it makes my nervousness quite obvious.

As Hoseok lovingly holds my left hand, my right found its way to my skirt. Our feet step in sync as we enter the quant, bright restaurant where Mr. & Mrs. Jung are waiting on us.

"Annyeonghasayo eomma, appa." Hoseok greets bowing as we reach the dark stained wooden table. There is already tea set out for us.

"Annyeonghasayo Mr. and Mrs. Jung." I give a perfect 90 degree angled bow to show my respect.

"Annyeong Hoseok and Rayeon," his mother greets allowing us to raise up from the bow. "Rayeon dear you can call us eommani and appani." she requests as Hoseok slides my chair out for me.

"Ne eommoni." I smile gingerly taking my seat.

"Gomawo oppa." I thank Hoseok. It's been so long since I have had to us such proper manners.

"So, Hoseok tells us you both have something important to inform us of?" appani says, glancing down at my engagement ring.

"Ne appa. Min Rayeon and I are, well.." he trails switching eye contact between his parents. "We are engaged."

"Mwoh?" eommani questions, choking slightly on her tea.

"Bang PD-nim has arranged a marriage between us, and if we do not accept Rayeon and Bosook (V's girlfriend) will be kicked out of our dorm," Hoseok explains. "Also I love her."

"Are you serious?" appani asks skeptically.

"Ne." I respond.

"Have you signed the contract?" he continues to interrogate.

"Aniyo, but we will once we inform her parents as well." Hoseok said, grasping my hand. Skinship in front of his parents, is he insane?

"You can't sign it," eommani exclaims.

"We are eomma. They have no where else to go and I love her!" Hoseok defends while I cower back into my seat.

Am I not good enough for him?

"You're too young to know what love is," eommani continues to battle.

"Please eommani, I love Hoseok very much. I know we are young but I know that this is right. I'm willing to sign away my right to my child if we divorce because I need to be with him. Please." I beg, I'm not sure why I did that but the words came out like word vomit. "I'd give up everything to be with him."

"You're willing to throw away your youth at 20 to marry a boy? To marry my son? You're willing to put your life on hold to make a family with him?" her words stung, marriage is a huge step for us but I think we can do it.

"Ne, I'm willing to do anything."

________________
Anything might bite you in the butt Rayeon.
Love you lots!
- Brooklyn