Imagine ~ Legolas Part 2

Author's Note:

Surprise!! I'm alive! Hope anyone who still reads this book enjoys it :) If there are any mistakes I'm sorry, I just really wanted to get this out for all of you.

Go read part 1 or read it again if you read it all the way back when I first posted it!

- - -

   It had been over a year since Legolas has left Mirkwood. You and Thranduil have been so worried, but you both tried to keep on with your normal lives. The weeks roll by, day by day. Each day becoming more and more unbearable. He had always been there through thick and thin with you, comforting and protecting you whenever you needed it.

   News had spread that the one ring was now destroyed, all of Mordor was destroyed in that matter. There was a big celebration at Mirkwood, all of the elves came to celebrate Middle Earth's victory. You were excited when you found out, yet no one had seen or heard from Legolas since he sent a letter saying he was apart of a fellowship to destroy the ring.

         -Present Day-
      -1st Person POV-

   It has been about a month after the ring was destroyed. Middle Earth has been at peace, everyones lives are finally going back to normal. Except mine. Still nobody has heard from Legolas, at least not that I have heard of.

   I am at one of the many gardens that are scattered around the kingdom. This one was always the one Legolas and I went to if we wanted to be alone. Hardly anyone ever came in here, only the servants come in to water the plants.

   "Miss!" Someone called out to me. I turned quickly and saw one of the servants running to me, gasping for breath as it seemed they ran across the entire castle to find me.

   "Yes? What is it?" I asked, surprised at their sudden appearance. She stopped to catch her breath for a second, trying to get out what they had to say. I waited patiently until she could speak clearly.

   "Prince...Legolas..he has returned."

   My heart felt like it skipped a beat. My eyes grew wide with shock. Was it true? Had he finally returned home?

   "A-Are you sure of this? Are you sure it was him who entered the kingdom?" I questioned hesitantly. I had not seen him for so long this sudden appearance seemed like a dream. Like I could wake up at any moment and lose this new found hope.

   "Yes, your majesty. It was him! Let us go, he was asking for you!" The servant said. I couldn't help but still be frozen for a couple more seconds, but the reality of the situation finally shocked my body into moving. Once my body started moving, it seemed like it wouldn't stop until I was wrapped in his arms. The servant followed as close behind as she could as we both sprinted through the halls. It was rare to see any royalty running through the palace, but at this moment I did not care. The adrenaline kicked in, the butterflies in my stomach could not contain themselves at the thought of finally seeing Legolas again.

   "Where was the last place you saw him?" I tried asking, looking over my shoulder at the servant. She looked up and I could see sweat starting to gather at her brow.

   "I..saw him in the courtyard. I don't...know...if he would still be there." She was able to get out, still running. I nodded and headed towards the courtyard. If Legolas was here, I would search all over the castle and run for hours if I had to if it meant I could see him again. Once we entered the courtyard, there seemed to be only guards wandering.

   "Where is he?" I asked, slowing my pace and walking straight up to an unexpecting guard.

   "Greeting, my lady. I am guessing it is Prince Legolas you speak of." The guard said. The servant and I both nodded. "Last I heard he was headed to the throne room to meet with his fa-".