Chapter Five

Chapter FIVE

*Darcy's P.O.V*

I woke up with a headache. I rubbed my head which made it worse. I gasped loudly from the pain. A doctor called Dr Mohammad had to talk to me to see if I remember my memory or how the accident happened. To be honest, I remember every second but I wasn't going to tell Dr Mohammad that. Rodney told me it was an accident when it first happened. Plus he probably can't control himself when he's drunk like me. He should know that he shouldn't drink because he'll just abuse me even more.

The door opened and I assumed that it was Dr Mohammad again by himself but this time, Jace followed him into the room. I smiled at him when he kept flipping his hair nervously. He smiled back but it quickly vanished to a serious stare. I clamped my lips tightly.

'Miss Moon. I brought your boyfriend-'

'Friend.' I corrected.

Jace shifted uncomfortably. I knew he was hurt, but I was hurting. Jace and I would never work out anyway, he's a badboy while i'm the not-so-bad girl.

'Right...In an hour visiting hours are over.' He concluded.

Jace nodded his head while Dr Mohammad walked out of the room. He just stared at me biting his bottom lip hesistantly.

'So...'

'Who did this to you,' He cut to the the chase. 'Because I will kick the shit out of them.'

'Don't worry about it-'

'How am I not supposed to worry about it and you,' He snapped. 'I randomly find you on my doorstep with your head bleeding and your cheek bruised. Hmm, maybe I shouldn't worry about it.' He said sarcastically.

I bit my lip and looked away. He was right. If I found Jace on my doorstep slowly dying, I would probably have a heart attack.

'Look, i'm sorry. I just really...-'

'It's okay.' I smiled.

*Jace's P.O.V*

I sat on the bed and carefully moved strands of Darcy's hair away from her moist face. I kissed her forehead then gazed at her blue eyes. She winked at me. I brushed my eyelashes on her cheek. My lips hovered over hers. She turned her head to the side, moving away.

'I can't. I have a boyfriend, remember?'

I froze then moved away. I'm still upset that she's going out with that asshole. I bet he was the one who did this to Darcy. Dr Mohammad walked in and said that I had to go because other visitors were going to visit and if I stayed here there would be too many people. I kissed her cheek goodbye then walked out of the room.

*Darcy's P.O.V*

A few good minutes later, my family came over to visit me with cards and teddy bears. Mum and dad hugged me and kissed me while Ty stroked my hair.

'Who did this to you, squirt?'

'No one, I-I just slipped while walking to Alex's house after I went to Rodney's and I hit my head on the pavement.' I lied.

Ty knew I was lying. He glared at me then softened his face.

'Well, you need to focus on getting well.' Dad smiled.

'Tomorrow i'm making Roast dinner.'

I hated Roast dinner but I faked smiled and told them that I was tired.

'We'll pick you up in the morning.'

Visiting hours were over and they all left. I finished reading all my cards and put all my teddies aside. The police came to question me about what happened, but of course I didn't say anything.