But why did I dream of that? I shook my thoughts; it probably must have been just a dream, an ordinary dream.

I went towards the bathroom, I looked at the mirror and cringed once more, my face held more bruises and cuts than usual; I wish it would just heal after just a day. I turned on my back and carefully and gently lifted my shirt, it revealed my badly torn up back, my skin was healing, I could still see the ripped open tissues that were still colored red.

I winced at the sight before I removed my shirt and stripped out of my clothes. I smell like a dead person, with a rotting smell combined with dried blood I smelt really awful.

I went inside the shower and turned on the shower as the cold water hit my body, I bit my lip and tried to contain my screams as the water cascaded through my body. I closed my eyes and immediately, the images of the couple in my dream flashed in my head, I shot my eyes open, why am I visualizing them yet again?

I shook my head out of those thoughts before I got out of the bathroom and went to my closet and picked out a baggy shirt and pants. I carefully slip on my clothes trying not to brush them harshly on my newly bruised skin, I sighed in content when I successfully put them on.

I glanced at the clock and it read 7:30, I sighed before I went downstairs to make breakfast, then the images of the couple appeared once more on my head as I put my hands on my head and shook my head.

Myr, I know that we haven’t spoken that much but might I ask, why am having these images? Who are they to me?’

You’ll see’ was what all she said cryptically.

I went to the kitchen and pulled out the ingredients to make pasta, as I was making pasta I glanced at the calendar and then I realized that it was my birthday tomorrow, Myr howled happily in my head as she also realized what occasion is it tomorrow.

Tomorrow will be your birthday and you will find your mate!’ Myr exclaimed and I chuckled at her excitement but I also couldn’t help but feel sadness, what if my mate doesn’t want me? My other pack members told me that I wouldn’t have a mate because I was just a mistake and that mistakes don’t have mates and with that I feel crest fallen, even if I will have a mate, he would probably reject me, who would want a severely bruised girl that has a lot of baggage with her? He would probably hate me, what if-

Stop thinking many negative thoughts! Our mate will love us, mates are made for each other and he will love us even if we are imperfect, he is our mate, ours only’ Myr reassured me and I felt hope, hope that maybe she would be right at her prediction.

After I finished making pasta and placing it on the dining table, I quickly made my way towards the hallways. I stopped walking when I heard my father talking to someone and it was hard not to eavesdrop when they were shouting at each other and what they were talking about had shocked me.

“Tomorrow will be her birthday and she will find her mate and if she will, he will take her and without doubt she will tell him everything and her mate’s beast will go on a rampage and will kill us all!” my father yelled at the other side of the room and I was curious, who would kill us?

“Relax Cain, we don’t know whether her mate will be a royal or not, there are some chances where her mate will just be a common wolf. I mean let us not jump into conclusions” an unfamiliar voice said and now I was even more curious, a royal wolf?

“Have you forgotten that she isn’t just some normal wolf?” my father hissed at the man, “she is royalty, there is a high chance that her mate would be a royal and you know that!” who are they talking about anyway? Is that she-wolf that they are talking about a princess? And what does a princess has to do with my father?

I continue to listen to their conversation, more than curious to know who they were talking about.

“We’ll just lock her up in the cell, we cannot let her find out who she is, we need to isolate her from everybody, and we also need to hide that necklace, why in ever loving Goddess didn’t you just destroy that necklace anyway?” my father scoffed at the man. Necklace?

“I wasn’t thinking that it would be a problem, but I hid it in my office, she wouldn’t dare to enter my office anyways, she is terrified, I will lock her tomorrow so don’t worry” before they could catch me eavesdropping I scurried off and went to my bedroom.

I thought about my father’s conversation with the man, who was the girl that they were talking about? Why are they keeping a secret from her anyway? These were the thoughts that are swirling in my mind as I bit my lip in thought.

But from what I have picked up, they said that her birthday is tomorrow and I am sure that she belongs to our pack, had it not been they wouldn’t converse about her, funny how fate is, my birthday is also tomorrow.

Then I thought hard, I was the only whose birthday is tomorrow, I chewed the inside of my cheeks softly trying not to hurt my bruised cheeks, my heart is stammering inside my chest, could I be the girl they are talking about?

I furrowed my eyebrows together, could it be me? I mean they said that she was a royal and I am no royal, but they also said that she doesn’t know that she is royalty. I began contemplating whether I am the girl they are talking about or not, this turmoil inside is killing me.

Then I thought about the necklace, should I go to my father’s room and see it? I mean if I will get caught I would be dead, my father banned me from going to his office but this curiosity is eating me up.

‘Myr, do you think this is a good idea?’  I asked my wolf.

‘If you think that doing this will lessen your curiosity about this royal she-wolf then do it, just be careful not get caught’ she warned me and I nodded before I went out of my room and quietly I scanned the hallways and once it was clear I quickly made my way towards my father’s office, I stood in front of my father’s office, I took a deep breath before I placed my hand around the knob of the door, I hesitated whether I should go inside or not, but my curiosity won as I opened the door knowing that there is no way to back down on this.

Another chapter done! And if you didn't realize I updated 4x and not even an hour had passed, truthfully I planned this all along, I started rewritting last night until this night. So yay! :-D

So, what us your fav color?