What Makes People Stop Reading

So, I saw a thread in the Cafe asking what makes people stop reading something, and I thought it would be helpful for you guys to see what discourages readers so you know what to avoid. Here are the results:

What makes you stop reading?

"I stop reading if the grammar and spelling are terrible. Also, if the plot is super cliche or speech seems really unnatural."

- WendyKopulchu

"If its a really long thing and the plot doesn't seem to be building up to anything/going anywhere."

- 4Lesia

"The author's voice. Typically, I'll get a feel of it within the first few sentences, and if I'm not into it, then I'll just quietly move on."

- letmelivetonight

"If the plot is boring and nothing happens for a couple of chapters or if its overly cliche I'll stop. Really poor grammar is also annoying."

- AnneMatthews

"it's really hard to pinpoint the exact reason I stop reading a book. Most of the time it's because chapters drag on for too long and I simply lose interest in it. sometimes it starts out well and then quickly spirals into a Predictable Plot™ scenario, and why should I read something I already have a million times?

"I like books that you just....hold your breath while reading. The presentation is smooth, the story is present and there's a balanced amount of conflict and harmony. So a good plot and a good execution of the storyline will keep me reading."

- babyblankts

"I keep reading if I enjoy the storyline, characters, writing style, and the author. If I see that the author isn't engaging with readers in the comments (for example) I'll skip to another book where I can get all that and an interaction with the author. I stop reading if there are too many mistakes (to the point where it's hard/doesn't make any sense). Not interested in the story i.e. is not going anywhere, or if I find the characters annoying. Just some reasons, I'm sure there are millions out there."

- xFakingaSmilex