Trip ~ New Partner

Trip-
I met the love of my life when HYDRA attacked.

That was a bad day for everyone, I lost my sister that day, and I was led to believe my dad was killed as well. But then it turns out that he only wanted everyone to think he was dead, only proving my theory that Nick Fury could not be killed. Sam, my sister, was one of the first casualties, she was at the academy preparing to be a field nurse, she was only fourteen.

I was with Coulson's team, where I'd been since day one, but It was hard, seeing ward turn and half of the people at S.H.I.E.L.D. stab me in the back. However, seeing as I was raised by my dad, I was more than prepared.

Now I didn't meet Trip until we were at the playground, mostly because I'd been sent by Coulson to a safe house and locked in, with him saying they'd be after everyone Fury would have trusted. It was not my choice obviously, but That's what Dad told him to do at a time like this.

It was a week before they came back to get me, and when they did, they brought along a new person, someone I didn't know and therefore didn't trust.

"Agent Fury meet agent Triplett, your new partner." Was how Coulson introduced us. I supposed he was Ward's replacement.

I gave the stranger a good hard look, taking in every detail. He was about six foot, dark skin, and had crows feet at the corners of his eyes, though he looked stoic at the moment, meaning he was a jokester. He was of muscular build, and looked to be a few years older than me, though I was only twenty one. Very short hair with a neat and attractive beard and strong jaw.

In less than a second I had my gun pointed at the junction of his left shoulder, right over the artery. He stayed still but his eyes flickered over my body and my gun, assessing the situation. Not too bad so far, I thought.

"Disarm me." I told him.

He didn't hesitate before hitting my wrist with the base of his hand to knock the firearm out of my hand and twisting my arm behind my back in a swift motion. But his other hand pressed two fingers to the base of my ear, a pressure point that would render me unconscious before I could do anything else, that was my main priority. I shook myself free of the man's grip and he let me go, handing me back my pistol.

I looked at Coulson and nodded, "He'll do."

Coulson smiled back, knowing that if I wasn't happy there would've been problems. "Great, I'll leave you two to become acquainted then."

Then we were left in the living area of the Buss. Without looking at my new partner I walked over to the bar and got myself a bottle of beer, and got another one and held it out to him. He took it and took a long swig with me.

"So what should I call you?" I asked him.

"Trip is fine, what about you?"

"Fury. Most used to call me little Fury until they learned they'd get slugged."

"So you're the big man's daughter."

"Yup."

For a long time that's how our conversations went, for a while at least. After about a month, I had an attraction towards him, after two months, It was more than that. By month five, I was in love. Something I hated. We started dating and by year two, I had a ring. It was a small wedding, we had to elope of course, but we were happy.