The Bus ~ Ward Imagine

After Dad died, Fury assigned me to babysit the Avengers, I guess he thought we could cope together. He must also have thought that they would work better with someone like them, someone with powers. I guess he was right. I went on multiple missions with them and soon became beasties with each.

A year after Dad's death, Hill called me and said Fury needed to have a private word with me. So I packed all my stuff from Stark's mansion and went back to the Hub. When I got there, Hill met me at the entrance and led me up to Fury's office.

"Nice to see you again Agent Coulson. How have you been?" He asked me.

"I've been having to supervise a god, a super soldier, an archer, a Black Widow, a hulk, and worst of all, Tony Stark. I'm amazed I kept my head sir." I smirked, he smiled back. "Now I know you sir, why am I here?"

"Well we are taking you off babysitting the Avengers initiative and putting you on a new team." He responded casually.

I sighed and looked down, "Who's the leader?" I asked, knowing there was no point in arguing. Besides, the Avengers would probably give him enough crap when they found out.

"Aw, now come on, I think you'll like him." Fury coaxed and led me out of the office.

I followed him down to a hanger with a huge cargo plane. "Welcome to the Bus." He announced.

I followed him up the ramp, I saw something I never thought I'd see again. A cherry red, convertible.

"Lola?" I gasped.

"Agent S, meet your new instructor, he's an old friend of mine." Fury smirked. I looked up at the railing and saw a dead man.

"Dad?!" I screamed and flew up on the railing, tackling him in a hug. I was way too happy to care a bout protocol right now.

"Hey sweetheart." My dad hugged me tight.

Then I pulled away and shoved him in the chest. "That's for making me wait a year to tell me you weren't dead."

He nodded sheepishly.

For the rest of the day, I unpacked and explored the Bus. Around lunch, Agent Fitzsimmons arrived and at three May walked in. It was good to see her again, it's a luxury nowadays since she's always in her little cubicle.

An hour later, Dad went to go pick up the last member of our team, a specialist.

When the agent arrived, I immediately recognized him as a guy I went to the academy with, Grant Ward.

I smiled and walked up to him. "Good to see you Ward." I held out my hand.

"Much the same S, I haven't seen you in a while." He shook my hand.

"I guess that's what happens when your under deep cover." I smirked.

"Hey, love birds, show Ward around, then Coulson wants us in the conference room for debriefing." May called down from the top of the spiral staircase.

A/N~ this is the first chapter in a Ward fanfiction I've got sitting in my drafts area on Wattpad, all feedback and advice is welcome!