Fitz ~ Smartest Girl In the World

I was the first one up in the morning.

3am on the dot.

Most of the time it was a new idea or a new thought that woke me, but either way, I couldn't sleep. Call me strange but with an unnaturally enhances mind like mine was very hard to suppress for more than five hours.

So here I was again alone in the lab in the early morning hours. I was working on a new branch of the icer unit to see if it could be used to disable the body but keep the victim conscious. I had been working on it for a time now, and it was almost ready for the field.

Suddenly I felt arms around my waist and I gave of a squeal of surprise.

"Don't worry darling it's just me." Fitz mumbled.

"Don't scare me like that, you know I'm oblivious to my surroundings at this time in the morning!" I scolded my husband.

"But I can't sleep without you, you know that." He retorted back, but it was muffled since his head was buried in my neck.

I sighed, when Fitz was like this I couldn't help but give in. I knew I might not need a lot of sleep, but he certainly did. "Come on." I told him, and together we went back to our room.

We got under the covers and he pulled me as close as humanly possible. This was his favorite part of the day, just laying in bed together.

"You know," he said suddenly, "You need some more sleep too."

I chuckled, "Leo, I can't, you know this, my brain is to active."

"Well there is a difference between letting yourself get up this early, and making yourself stay in bed for another hour. I've seen you covering the bags under your eyes in make up, you can't hide this from me."

I stayed silent. It was true I was a bit exhausted, but my brain wouldn't stop. The dark circles were getting worse, my sight was becoming fuzzy, and my thoughts were never focused. Perhaps he was onto something...

"Today, I'm not letting you get out of bed." He concluded.

"What?!" I whisper yelled, that was a bit over board.

"I already ran it by Coulson and he agrees. We can't have you like this anymore, you're overworking yourself and worrying everyone. You're lucky I'm not keeping you in for a week like Jemma suggested."

Before I could protest anymore, he kissed me on the lips softly but lovingly. Leo wasn't usually like this, usually I had to do this sort of stuff to him. I think that's what made me give in, the fact that this was something not often done, he never asked anything of me, so I would give him this.

After that I fell asleep and didn't wake up until three in the afternoon, and my husband had a tray of breakfast on the bedside table.