Ward / Hydra god ~ Reminiscent

A/N ~ this is a really weird one, it came to mind today and here it came, please read the description below before reading imagine.

Imagine you are in Gideon Malac's Hydra base with a possessed Ward, you are a captive and you know it's not Ward but he keeps visiting you because you intrigue him and he remembers you from Ward's past.

I hopped in the shower at the Hydra base with the full intent of thinking how screwed up your life was. It was one of the best thinking spots after all. So I went to my on suite.

I had to hand it to Malac, he treated his prisoners well. And though I'm sure that HE ordered it, I'm sure the Malacs had also wanted their old friend comfortable as well, they were quite sentimental. I had a decent room and a respectable bathroom connected. Every morning I would find a set of clothes on the dresser, and more often then not, HE would be sitting in a chair next to the bed, watching me sleep. At precisely nine AM, I would receive breakfast, at noon lunch, and at seven supper. I was treated kindly by the guards as a whole, and I returned their actions even if I was a captive. Albeit I was very well treated.

But often I would be overwhelmed in thought and just stop and think, either on my bed, at the small desk in my room, or in the shower. Leading to where I was, going to the shower to think. I had been supplied with a towel, shampoo, conditioner, and body wash among other toiletry items already so I simply had to strip off my black dress and hop in.

The water was warm, but not hot enough for steam, just bearable enough to go unnoticed. I began to sing a little as I rubbed in shampoo to my long hair, and it felt good to know it wouldn't be greasy or stringy when I got out.

I thought of how I'd been undercover in Malac's Hydra four years earlier, before S.H.I.E.L.D. fell, I'd became acquainted with Gideon and his daughter. We'd spent many nights beside the fireplace, them with their scotch and me with some coffee or hot chocolate, we became like family, quite close...

It was only a year before I had to go back to S.H.I.E.L.D. and my cover was blown, but even now my old friends treated me with some respect. Though just resented their cause, I understood them completely, they followed their family traditions and beliefs.

"What's on your mind?"

I wasn't surprised, I didn't even look up. I knew HE was sitting there on the edge of the counter, staring at me through the glass shower door. He often popped in like this, unexpected and uninvited, on his own accord. But who would stop him? I didn't truly mind though, he'd already seen me bare in Grant's memories.

"Simply reminiscing." I replied blatantly.

"You miss him, don't you? After he betrayed you, and killed so many innocents." It wasn't really a question, he just wanted to know you why.

"I married him because I loved him, and he still loved me up until Coulson killed him. I couldn't be with him after he betrayed S.H.I.E.L.D. no matter how many time he tried to kidnap me back, I loved him. But I stayed away because it was my way of punishing him." I answered.

"Aren't I him?"

"You can be a memory of him, act as he would, be his copy, but that man is dead. You are not him."

"But you can have me, as you said I can be just like him. I have his body, and his memories."

"Don't say that, don't give me hope when there is no good ending to that." I said as I finished my conditioner, still not looking at him.

"Tell me, about the first time you saw him at the base."

I furrowed my brow, "Why would you ask, it is in his memories."

"Tell me." He ordered, leaving no room for argument. After all, I was still prisoner.

"I had been captured. Taken to the base for holding a month ago. The first night, I was requested to sit by the fireplace with Gideon as I used to. I was barely shocked, he is quite fond of me despite my betrayal and enjoys my company. So I was seated in my old chair, a mug of coffee in hand, simply chatting about a book with Gideon when I heard footsteps approaching behind me, I didn't show surprise he was there. But inside, I was overjoyed.

"He sat on the couch in front of the fire, and poured himself some scotch. It was obvious he knew I would be there. We talked as old friends, the three of us that night, but the second I met his eyes, I could see relief, love, happiness, and hope."

I finished rinsing off the body soap and wrapped a towel around myself before walking back to my room, with HIM following me and sitting on my bed.

"As the fire died down,  he offered to escort me back to my room as opposed to the guards. When we were alone, he swept me up and kissed me. From that point on we stayed in this room together, until he left anyway." I ended the story.

I slipped on my black nightgown and began to brush my hair. Then the brush was taken from my hand by rough but gentle hands, and I felt my wet hair brushed from behind me.

"I remember that night, you were wearing you ring on a chain around your neck." Came his voice, not the the soft tone of the parasite but the confident one of Ward. "It certainly was a good one to. Do you remember what I told you before I left, before I died?" He asked.

I knew it wasn't him. Grant was dead. My Grant. My husband. This was only his memory. But I let myself believe otherwise, perhaps for just a moment... Only a moment...

"You said you loved me, that that would never change." I closed my eyes and rested my head against his cheats as he set down the brush and wrapped his arms around me.

"And it won't." He said as he pressed a kiss to my temple. "Not even if I'm just a memory."

I felt myself doze of in his arms, lulled by the sound of his voice, then I was gently picked up, and laid on the bed softly. Soon he climbed in with me and pulled my back against his chest.

"Not even if I'm just a memory..."