Lincoln ~ On Of Us Always Hurts

Requested by @Sophia_Mixer5

In the base, I was quite popular, everyone always came to me when they needed advice, including Coulson, and once, even May. Mac, Hunter, and Fitz were my brothers, Bobby, Skye, and Jemma my sisters, Director Fury had been like a father, Coulson was like a godfather. And Lincoln, well, that was complicated.

At first, he was a brother, always there for me, knowing exactly what I needed. But maybe I was just hoping that my feelings towards them were that of a sister, because I wasn't ready for someone in my life like that just after Ward had... yeah. But those feelings gradually grew, and I understood them more, but I was afraid of them. My heart was fragile at that time, some might say I just needed someone to fix it. But whoever would say that to me doesn't know me. I deal with and then fix or get over my own problems.

Lincoln tried to help me. Tried to break my walls, but they were harder than obsidian and higher than the twin towers. And truly, they were the only things that I could rely on to stay with me. After all, the world was a dangerous place, especially for inhumans like us, that and we were S.H.I.E.L.D. agents. But me specifically just because Ward was doing everything in his power to get me back. And he did succeed once, which is where this story begins.

"Why can't you just understand Y/N, I did what I did because I was following orders, I never meant to hurt you..." Ward sighed and cupped my cheek.

"No, but you betrayed my trust, and our team. You know how rare my trust is, you had it, and you lost it."

"Please, I know what I did, but you know why I did it."

I stayed silent.

"Fine, maybe you won't return my feelings again, but I'm not letting you go. Not this time."

With that I was left in the interrogation room. I sighed and leaned back in my chair. I knew I couldn't get out of this one, but I also knew Coulson and my team wouldn't rest until they had me back. And then Ward wouldn't rest until he had me back. Either way, somebody wasn't getting any rest. But to be honest, I hadn't slept since I'd seen Lincoln, I couldn't if I wasn't in his arms, the nightmares would keep me awake.

I became depressed at the thought of Lincoln. My heart ached and yearned for his touch, and my feelings towards him, (if possible)grew. At the moment, they were what I needed, something to give me hope. But then the hope soured, and mutilated into fear, I knew he would most likely be rash and feckless in attempting to free me. It was more than likely that he would be injured or killed in his actions.

I swear Lincoln, I thought, if you get yourself killed, I'll sucker punch your corpse.

After about three weeks, the inevitable happen, and the building shook with the force that could only be Skye. And the lights went out, I could tell it wasn't Lincoln because the bulbs didn't blow out, leaving me in complete blackness. Two minutes later Gunshots sounded behind the door, and then May and Skye burst in with flashlights.

"Get your sorry rear end out of the chair and let's get out." Skye groaned when she saw my leisurely position in the chair.

"If you insist." I smirked and walked out like I owned the place.

We ran into two more pairs of HYDRA agents before we broke out into fresh air where the jet was waiting for us. I was somewhat surprised I hadn't seen Ward yet, but I decided not to test my luck as I boarded the aircraft. Within seconds I was rushed to the medical section for an examination, that was of course done by Simmons. She was astounded at my condition, saying that HYDRA had never treated a prisoner so well.