Chapter 22

[EDITED]

"What would you like to drink, I'll pay-" As you entered the coffee shop with Shawn, you settle down on the two settee at the corner of the shop. You texted the number Shawn gave you the last time you met him. You only came to this rendez vous only for business matters but your brother has been really sneaky recently with Jeongguk being away.

"No its okay, I'll pay my side" you placed your hand on his, stopping him from handing his credit card to the cashier. Since you were the one to suggest this meeting, you didn't want to let him pay for everything.
That's the type of person you were.

"I insist though." he patted your head like a father patting his only daughter, and gave you a sweet smile, signifying that you should be quiet and let him manage things. You nodded instinctively and went back to the seating area.

You couldn't stop worrying about him. You're not going to lie but you still have feelings for Jiyeong but for Jeongguk as well.

Meanwhile Yumi still being in Seoul and Jeongguk being in Busan, both hearts separated for who knows how long. It's been nearly a month since Jeongguk had left for Busan which he dreaded everyday to go back home to her.

How time has past so fast, it felt like nothing between the two had progressed.

"Is it possible to claim him as mine even though we both don't know if we love each other?" Your voice echoed in your minimalist living room, only the ticking clock was heard in the silent background. You exhale a tired sigh, your breath brushing against your phone before placing it back against your ears.

"I mean- I didn't confess nor did he.." you were so confused, confused of your actions, confused about him and how he felt for you. "I mean- I don't actually like him.." your fingers tapped on the table constantly trying to calm yourself down and not let the tears take over you. Your friend on the other side of the phone did not know what to do or say to help you. She felt disappointed and useless that she couldn't help you when you needed at least a person to lend you their shoulder.

"Well your attitude shows the contrary" you could hear the small huffing sound on the other side of the phone call. Everyone seemed to be annoyed with you whenever you talk about them. You would too, if you had a friend who got dumped by their partner and that friend soon fell for their ex's sibling.

What.

"Why do I miss his presence? I want him near me, I want to be with him"

"Girl. I don't know if you're plain stupid or just unaware, but you caught feelings for him"

"No.. I-"

"Or. You're not over Jiyeong and just using his younger brother to forget. I mean Jeongguk looks exactly like Jiyeong-"

"I'm confused. My heart is confused."

-