Chapter 3

[EDITED]

"So this is how your father and I became a couple and got married" you stroke and comb through her brown locks as she was seated obediently between your legs on the carpet of your living room

"Your mother really loves your father but even till now she has someone even more precious to her, buried in her heart" your daughter had peek on you from the corner of her eyes, she had never experienced you in such a sad and broken state.

Even though she was only 5, she didn't understand fully your words but she knew it was related to her father

As a child, she knew nothing about love. About the consequences of love, the aspects and perspectives of love. However she wanted to help you, her mother, somehow.

"Is dad at work?" Your daughter had sat facing towards you. She placed her small hands on yours and gave you a cheeky smile. You nodded at her question, your eyes admire the features of her face.

Every little part resembled Jeongguk's

Her big dark brown orbs matching her brown locks, her tall nose with thin top lips and thick bottom ones. You sometime ask yourself, if your daughter had some of your features, but every time you look at her, it just feels like a replica of her father but the feminine version.

"Mommy" you hummed in response, smiling at her. She had been silent ever since she asked if Jeongguk was at work. You knew he'll be coming soon, once the clock ticks 5.

"Dad had a brother?" You stiffen on your spot and she could see how you reacted by her question. Your heart was hammering in you as the thoughts of him came crashing back like waves. It was still a painful thing to talk about to anyone, even Jeongguk barely talked about his twin to you.

Both of your hearts are still recovering from the bruises and open cuts it had, but you both knew, scars would never heal, it will always remain in your once shattered heart.

"Yes.. unfortunately he's up there right now" you pointed up to the sky, letting out a unbearable sigh of pain. You were sure Jiyeong would have loved seeing your daughter one day, you even thought if he didn't die, he would be the father of this little girl right here and you would still be happy growing old with him and not with someone else.

"Yumi don't fool around on the road" it was a week after your 3rd anniversary with him, he had invited you out to a party his close friend was holding at a fancy hotel. Since you were probably the youngest amongst all the adults, they pled you to drink with them. Your boyfriend had refused as he knew you were sensitive to alcohol since you weren't the type to drink much.

After regretting your life decision, you had involuntarily took a sip of your boyfriend's drink which resulted in you chugging down a whole bottle a few minutes after.

"Huhhh, Jiyeong come on its fun. The rain feels so refreshing~" you sang, soberly walking on the road to the parking lot as Jiyeong was going to drop you back home. It had started raining heavily a while walking to the car, you ran away from your boyfriend who was shielding both of you with an umbrella.

"Yumi, I'm not joking around! Get back down this instant" he was angry at himself for letting his friends force you to drink and worried for your current state. You had climbed on a high pavement with your heels, your skirt was stuck to your skin from how drenched you current is. He had warned you several times to get off and walk like a normal human being, you weren't drunk anymore, you were sober and he knew you were just fooling around but that didn't stop him from worrying about you

"You sound like my fath-" you walked too fast with your legs criss-crossing the other, you had twisted your foot resulting your lost of balance on one leg with the high heel making you lose complete stability

"Yumi!"

From the very moment you saw him run and catch you before you fall, he had thrown his body to shield you, to protect you. you failed to be a good girlfriend, you had failed your part in the relationship. It was a promise between both of you to always protect each other, but because of your stupidity, that day you had lost someone precious, somene loving and someone loyal to his promises and you.

You remembered nothing at that time but the only thing you knew was that he had died to save you.

-

"Go play upstairs in your room, I'm going to call you down if it's your father" You heard the bell of your gate ring through your house, signifying that the guards had open up the gates for someone, probably Jeongguk.

Once your daughter went upstairs into her room, you stood their waiting behind the front door to greet your husband like you've been doing every day for the past few years together. You found it oddly weird that today you heard no car engine outside, you clearly remembered that Jeongguk had taken the car this morning to go to work but why wasn't there the familiar car engine sound?

You open the door, ready to greet your husband home but instead was greeted by someone so familiar, the smell, the appearance and certainly the voice of your dear loved one.

You were sure you would be dead by now if you didn't have a strong heart, you were seeing him, your ex boyfriend, whose supposedly dead and buried underground, standing in front of your frozen state. You could definitely distinguish both boys, and you knew you weren't crazy that you were actually seeing him in front of you right now.

You couldn't even explain yourself or ask what was actually happening, it was such a shock to you and your brain cells couldn't comprehend anything that was happening in front of your eyes. You were seeing him, alive and healthy in front of you, just a metre a way from you.

Tears slipped out of your redden eyes making it's way to the cold parquet of your house, with a loud thud, laid your unconscious body.