Chapter 4

[EDITED]

"my head hurts" you woke up with a sharp pain in your head like something had stabbed right through your skull. You shut your eyes immediately, waiting for the pain to subside. You could see the bright sunlight shone into your room through your lashes as you opened your eyes slowly, giving yourself time to adjust to the new environment. Why does it feel like a deja-vu where you scan the room you are in and finding someone familiar seated beside you?

"Huh?" you involuntarily voice out to the person seated next to you on a chair, fixing his gaze at you worriedly before softening them and throwing himself onto you, bear hugging you.

"you scared me, please never do this" he sobbed silently on your shoulder, you could feel your thin layer of cloth covering your body starting to get soak from his tears uncontrollably falling out of his eyes. Unsure of what to do next you had unknowingly started stroking his hair strands, your fingers grazing against his dark locks, murmuring apologies for whatever you've done.

"Jeongguk you're squishing me" you whispered in his ears before resting your hands on his back, hugging him likewise. You felt him lift himself up from you before wiping his visible fallen tears on his cheeks. Your expression stayed emotionless, only you, could feel how your heartbeats increase rapidly and how strong it was hitting against you. It was thudding inside you, pondering inside your chest like it wanted to be freed, freed from the pain it was receiving?

"I know we're twins but how can you mistaken your boyfriend and someone else?" he jokes even though you could see how his expression had turned sour and how he has been avoiding your eyes even since you woke up. You were still clueless and didn't know what was happening to you or anyone.

"Jeong- Jiyeong.. sorry" His eyes grew surprised, you excused yourself again for having his name slipped out accidentally in this moment. Your eyes guiltily travelled to his face, seeing him lowering his head like he was ashamed.

"are you feeling better or worse?" You were sure he changed the subject, even though he was the one who brought it up. You guessed it was hurting hi talking about his twin who people admired the most, loved the most, preferred the most. Those who have a twin must know the feeling of being compared constantly on a daily basis. Wether he was the oldest twin and the twin that doesn't have any specific talent, you had fallen in love with that twin and not the twin who sings for a passion and living.

Jiyeong was the only twin you had your eyes on the whole time, it was always him and you would never mistaken him for the other. You didn't doubt your choices and sayings but this time, it was like you were confused and didn't know which one was which.

"i'm okay.. what happened?" Even though you still felt that sharp pain in your head, you didn't want to worry him even more so you told him otherwise. You were going to lie to yourself if you said you weren't scared to be with him. After what happened in your dreams or in real life, you were still traumatized from 'losing' him.

"You slipped and your head hit the pavement, I wasn't there in time to catch you from your fall.. I'm sorry that I wasn't able to protect you-"

"I'm glad it was just a nightmare" you smiled bitterly to yourself as the scenes in your dream had re-appeared in your mind, scaring you a little. It felt so real, like you could actually feel like time had passed, years have gone by. But it's been only 3 days since you had hit your head on the pavement, causing an instant knockout.

"Where were we?"

"At Juu's house party, you were a little drunk and it was even raining so you slipped and that knocked you out for 3 days" you realize how similar it sounded to the dream you had, but you were happy you were the one who got hurt instead of him. If this was real, you would lose your shit.

"I love you" he help you sit back up, your back leaning against the tufted headboard of your bed. You gestured him to come closer as you pulled his sleeve towards you. You scouted slowly a bit to your right, giving him space to sit on the same bed, slipping in under the covers.

"I love you too baby" he pecked your lips gently before nuzzling his face in the crook of your neck, exhaling on your bare neck, sending chills and butterflies down your stomach

'I hope everything remains as it is'