Chapter 24

Michael's POV
"Lucifer," I say and my heart shatters. He pulls back from the boy he is kissing and looks at me and I start crying. I run outside to his car because he gave me the keys since he didn't have pockets.

"Wait Mikey!" He yells and I drive away quickly. I see him fall to his knees in the rear view mirror and I cry harder because it hurts me to see him so sad. How could he have done this to me? To us? I thought he loved me? Who was that guy? I barely make it home as my eyes blur with tears. I slam the car door shut and run inside. I run up the stairs with tears streaming uncontrollably down my face.

I run to the end of the hall where my room is and slam the door behind me. I collapse on my bed in tears. I hear hard banging on my door. I stop sobbing and gather myself together as I open the door. I see a very worried looking Dean in his boxers and Cas in the same attire behind him. "Michael what's wrong?! We came as soon as we heard you run to your room," he says. I ignore the fact that they were probably just having sex.

I fall into Dean's arms and cry my heart out. He holds me tightly and Cas rubs my back soothingly. As my last tears fall and I have nothing left, I pull away. I lead them into my room and sit down on the bed. Dean and Cas sit on either side of me. I try to keep my breathing normal as I tell them what happened. By the end I'm sobbing again but no tears fall. They hold me and tell me everything's alright. They cover me up and I fall asleep.
-...-
Lucifer's POV
"Meg I screwed it up I screwed it all up," I say through my tears. She brought me up to her room so no one would see me like this, all broken.

"No Luc you didn't that guy down there did, you didn't kiss him back right?"

"Yeah you're right I didn't do anything wrong it was all him, god I fricking hate that guy! How does he even have the nerve to show his face to me again! And to kiss me while I'm with Michael, oh he is so going to get it!" I say. My tears have dried and anger replaces my sadness. I stomp out of her room and downstairs. I see him talking to some guy by the drink table. I turn him around and punch him in the face. He falls to the ground.

"Luc what the hell?!" Nick yells as he spits out blood.

"What the hell to you! How could you do that to me?! First you break my heart years ago and ruin my life and then you ruin the best thing to ever happen to me! You Jerk!" I scream and punch him again. My body is seething with anger.

"What do you mean? I thought you loved me?!" He screamed back. I start laughing harshly.

"That's right I loved you, that was like 3 years ago and you never loved me back!" I scream. A small crowd had gathered around us. "What are you looking at?!" I snarl and the crowd scrambles over one another to get away. I grab Nick's arm tightly and yank him up to Meg's room. She locks the door behind us.

"I lied," Nick says quietly when I release my iron grasp on his forearm.

"What?"

"I lied ok! I did love you but the whole freaking town was religious and this is what I got from my father when I told my parents I loved you," he says and lifts up his shirt to show a scar over his ribs. "So I told you I hated you because if I didn't cut you out of my life I would have loved you and everything would end badly for you and me," he says. "I turned eighteen a month ago and finally moved away, I found out where you went and I came. I didn't know you would be at this party but when I saw you I couldn't control myself. I'm still in love with you Luc."

I clench my fists. I did love him but I don't anymore. I hate to break his heart but I'm madly in love with Michael. I calm myself down. "Look Nick I appreciate you coming all this way but-"

"Luc I love you can't you just give me a chance?" He cuts me off.

"No I'm sorry but I've moved on. You meant a lot to me and I don't want you to get hurt but I love Michael. He is everything to me and I haven't loved anyone since you. You broke my heart and Michael put me back together again," I say. Nick looks sad and defeated but nods.