LIV: Aura

Johnny Toast called out the long-forgotten name of Jimmy Johnson.

Jimmy's family history had always been a bloody mess, causing him to change his name for the start of a new beginning when his parents 'disappeared.'

Not too far later on, he proved easily corruptible by violence and his new title of "Jimmy Casket" was worse renowned than the original after he became a raging psychopath.

"Sure. I'm Jimmy Johnson." Jimmy shrugged his two normal shoulders. "You're supposed be d-dead by now. W-What's so world-change--world-changing about my name?" Jimmy asked.

"You..." Toast shook his head and attempted to sit up again. "W...Well, Aren't you one of the students from Rushtown Middle School?"

"W-Where are you going with this?" Jimmy crossed his real arms impatiently.

Toast got to the point. "Why do you want... Johnny Ghost?"

"You... You don't und-understand me..." His head tilted to one side. "On-Only Gregory has managed to understand me!"

Light chipped in on the lovely conversation. "That doesn't make any sense! If he's basically your only friend, why would you want to kill him?"

"It-It's your fault!" The amalgam of Jimmy and Johnny Ghost pointed at Toast. "He c-completely ignored me for you... I was left al-alone with my stupid family!"

"But... we're not kids anymore..." Johnny Toast's eyebrows drooped with pity. "This kind of thing should no longer worry you?"

"Shut up!" Jimmy yelled. He walked over to Light as fast as he could with his human backpack and forced the long, thin piece of floorboard out of his arm (to which Zeron screamed bloody murder). He then aimed and threw it towards Toast as if he were letting go of an arrow on a bow.

Despite the parasite's efforts, Johnny still barely dodged a wooden bullet which then headed for Amie.

"Fais attention(watch out)!" Amie exclaimed. Just before the wood stabbed her in the heart, she put both hands around where it should be and pulled a transparent hole open in her chest. In that way, it flew right through her and lodged itself into the dusty wall behind her. Her backside was enveloped in a cloud of dust. She sealed her empty hole of a heart and crossed her arms. "That was very rude!"

Light and Johnny were staring at her in awe.

"How did you...?" Light asked first, not knowing she was actually a ghost.

"I don't know. I think I was just born like this." Amie said, smiling at him with her blank, almost gray eyes.

As the two were distracted, Jimmy went right ahead and tore a nearly perfect triangle out of the weakened structure of the hallway, creating another dust cloud around him and Johnny Ghost.

With a lot of struggling, Jimmy was able to carry the weight of both Johnnys: one held by the collar and the other attached to his back.

However, throughout the pressure, Johnny Toast could hear a sickening, leathery tear of skin between the parasite and his host when he felt his own body slam through a soggy pile of aged door wood.

He landed in a stuffy, pitch black room.

It was so dark he couldn't see his hand in front of his face.

A dim light flickered overhead, and he somehow hadn't realized he'd been holding back the sharp piece of wall that Jimmy was forcing towards him.

"Why won't y-you die?!" Jimmy Casket growled at Johnny Toast. "No m-matter how h-hard I try to kill... kill you, you always fi-find some way to avoid death!"

"I...!" Toast was trying so hard to keep the sharp object from puncturing a hole through his face that he could barely speak. Instead, he rolled over on his side, also somewhat grabbing Johnny and Jimmy's interconnected hoodies to throw them over with him. "...don't know!"

The lights flickered off again, and Johnny Toast swore there was a faint, extremely unnoticable blue radiance encasing the outer edge of his arms.

In Jimmy's case, there was a reddish shine; it stopped in a thin line that formed between him and Johnny Ghost.

The distinct sound of tearing skin resounded throughout the room once again.

Just as Toast scrambled to get to his feet, Jimmy, who was gritting his teeth, held onto his ankle and caused him to fall over again.

The lights blinked on for a few seconds now, enough time to see Jimmy about to stab or completely remove the ankle he held.

Johnny Toast gasped, trying to get up even faster. He lost his balance and banged his head against the floor. He was nearing a loss of consciousness, but refused to lose a foot as well.

However, the temporary replacement for 'Knifey' was halted in midair.

When Toast turned his head enough to look back, he saw Johnny Ghost holding his parasite's wrist. The skin on their backs tore apart even further, increasing Johnny Ghost's chance for freedom. Jimmy's current control on Johnny was hanging by a few threads.

Both hands holding the weapon were shaking; eventually, Jimmy Casket loosened his grip on the sharp object and Johnny Toast was able to take that as an opportunity to slip his foot out of his shoe.

Jimmy finally let the weapon in the floor. He threw Toast's shoe at him out of frustration, but missed anyway.

As the older Paranormal Investigator stood up another time, he said quietly, "I... I sincerely apologize, Johnny, but this is for your own good, after all. I don't believe this will... hurt for long..."

At last, Toast crushed the glowing red and dark blue strands of spiritual thread holding the two in a monstrous fusion with his other dress shoe.