XLVII: Searching for Trouble

HERE'S A NEW THING ;D

- - -  - - - - - - -

Sally, Billy, Johnny, and Light were out the door before Papa Acachalla and Mama Gertrude could do anything about it.

"Where is he?" Sally was the first to ask.

"He can't run that fast... Can he?" Light murmured, looking around.

"No--Up ahead!" Toast observed. "The one in the gray hoodie... at his old summer job...? I didn't know it was so close to your house."

"How do you know it's him?" Billy questioned.

"It's a wild guess." Everyone was quiet for a few seconds before Johnny started again. "Well, what are we waiting for? He could get away or kill somebody!" Toast said, anxiously clawing at his face.

- - - - - - - - - -

Jimmy came upon a strange building smelling of all but cleanliness.

"MacDonald's?" Jimmy pondered.

What... What are you doing at my old summer job? Is that blood on the wall? What have you done while I've been paralyzed?! He heard a familiar voice.

"You've been quiet for a while. Shame, you just missed witnessing your best friend's near-death experience." Jimmy said, emphasizing on best with disgust. From a bystander's perspective, he would've been talking to himself. "Oh, and I believe that's ketchup, but I'm not sticking around to find out about it."

Wait... Johnny doesn't know about you...

Jimmy forced a smile on Johnny's face.

Now he thinks I tried to kill him, doesn't he?

H-He's chasing you down with hi-his new group of friends. Jimmy thought, his stuttering returning through Johnny's mind. He looked so dis-disappointed in your violent behavior.

Aw, man! Why would you try to hurt him so badly?

Did you really j-just ask why I would hurt someone? I-If we were both currently physical b-beings, I would slap you.

He stepped into the MacDonald's with his hood casting a shadow on most of his face and a creepy grin as any normal person would.

It was completely empty except for one employee at the cash register staring into space.

Jimmy ran up to the counter, not catching the girl's attention at all. "What's your deal?"

She showed no signs of even seeing him. She only looked through him.

The parasite became impatient. Going straight for violence, he went to throw a punch. Just as his fist was inches away from her face, she held it in the air.

"What do you want?" She said. It sounded like the girl hadn't slept in days.

Jimmy glared. "I'm not here for food!"

"Then get out." The employee replied.

Ignoring her, he went right on with his question, slamming his fist (which she still held) on the counter. "Where is the headquarters of Paranormal Investigators Extraordinaire?"

"Why don't you just ask one of their employees?" The girl said, tapping her fingers on the counter.

Because they won't tell you. Johnny thought.

Jimmy narrowed his eyebrows. Without much of a fight back, he spun the girl until her back was to the counter and his knife was at her throat. "Tell me or you die!"

Don't do it, Jimmy! Ghost attempted.

"Don't tell me what to do!" Jimmy said out loud, confusing what he had previously said.

From behind the closed door of MacDonald's, Sally and the others watched.

"We need to get him away from that girl!" Johnny said nervously.

"Hey, is that...?" Sally began.

"I'm staying out here!" Billy's voice shook.

Light was the last to speak. "Why? You've dealt with Johnny before. You can do it again!" At his last word, he had pulled Billy in the restaurant after everyone else had gone in.

Behind the counter, Jimmy's captive perked up. "Hey, Sally!"

Casket narrowed his eyebrows. He had been too slow to get information on the location of P.I.E. HQ.

Sally couldn't believe her eyes. "Maddie...? How are you still alive? I thought..." She pointed at Jimmy, who still held the knife to her throat. "He killed you, didn't he?"

Toast's eyes widened. "He what?"

"Did I ever tell you I could clone myself?" Maddie smiled, but realized she couldn't quite turn her head. "Um, would you mind getting this guy away from me? He's not my type, anyway..."

"Wretch." Jimmy muttered under his breath.

Light threw himself near the murderer and his captive, forcing the knife out of Jimmy's hand and revealing Billy at the same time. "You're all bark and no bite, for a psychopath." Jimmy went to run for his knife, but Light grabbed his arm. "I'd rather you stay and chat."

A few punches in the head later, Johnny was already taken down (Jimmy caused Ghost's physical body a load of damage back in the High School)

Like the demonic stalker she was, Maddie immediately leapt over to Billy, hugging him tightly. "Billy! You've been gone for decades! I thought you died!"

Billy felt like his spine was going to crack in half. "Four... days..."

She opened her eyes. "Huh, that's it? Well, no matter. I'll never let you leave my side again!"

Johnny Toast stared up at Sally. "Um, I think your brother needs help."

"What about the other Johnny? Don't you think we should knock him out now to keep him from running from us?"

Toast's stared ahead sadly. "I... I guess. I mean, I don't think Light needs help at the moment.

"Why do you say that?" Sally asked.

Just then, Light stood in front of the two of them, Jimmy hanging over his shoulder. On his other side, his arm was bleeding pretty badly. "He may have stabbed me once or twice with that weird knife he seems to worship, but he's not very strong otherwise."

Maddie was still mercilessly squishing Billy's torso, but both of them stared, not knowing what to say.

Sally did the same.

Johnny Toast broke the silence. He put his hand to his mouth. "Are... Are you okay?"

"I'll be fine." Light said simply. "Let's get where we need to be before we encounter any more incidents."

- - - - - - - - - - -

Somehow, I ended up turning a silly side character like Light Zeron into a main-side character. 

Oh, another thing--MacDonald's is McDonald's, but I try to avoid using names of real places in fictional settings. :3