Chapter 24

"N-no god, please..." Your tiny voice begged as the golden spider himself smirked at you. Claude raised and eyebrow and slid closer.

"Now.... I do not think that mongrel of a crow will rescue you this time~." He giggled, touching you and sending shivers down your spine.

"Claude!" Yelled a high voice from somewhere near.

"Damn," Claude growled, getting up. "Now you stay right here... My pretty kitty~..." He cooed, walking out the door. You trembled and cried, holding your wings close. You were strong but no strong enough to fight Claude. You tried to move your wing. You felt a sharp pain in your back when you realized that your right wing was broken, or at least twisted. That meant you were stuck here; you could try leaving on foot but that was what had gotten you here in the first place. You definitely couldn't survive as a tiger.

"Damn it... I'm trapped.." You cried, listening to the door open.

"(Y/N)?" You recognized the voice as Canterbury. You looked up, and tucked yourself tighter. He went to sit by you, making you flinch. He gently pet your head.

"Claude... Is gonna.... Hurt me.... I'm scared.." You whimpered like a child. He pulled you into a hug, making you tremble.

"I will not let him do that." Canterbury declared softly.

"I would never let him defile a guest in such a way." Canterbury smiled, letting you go. You searched his eyes for lies or deception but found none. You nodded and looked at your wing.

"I think it is sprained." You said quietly. He nodded.

"I am going to take a look at it... Is that okay?" He asked, looking at you. Nodding, you turned and allowed him to touch it.

"It is broken..." He said quietly.

"Close your eyes and count to 5... And please refrain from screaming." He asked, gently taking your wing into his hand. You nodded.

"1... 2.. 3... AH!" You yelled in pain, clamping a hand over your mouth. He quickly ran and grabbed a cast, wrapping a gauze and then it around the base.

"I am sorry for causing you pain... Try not to move it for a while." He explained, giving you a warm smile. He got up to leave just as the door opened, he glared at Claude as a warning not to hurt you. Claude raised an eyebrow.

"The young highness wishes to see you." Claude smirked and grabbed you by the arm. You shrank away from him as he led you down the hallway and into a beautifully made bedroom. A small boy with blonde hair and bright blue eyes stood up. You recognized him from the ball.

"Look at her wings, Claude! Look at them!" Alois yelled going to pet them.

"Look, Claude, they're so soft!" He giggled, touching the base of your right wing and making you whimper in pain.

"What happened here?" Alois asked, noticing your pain.

"I seemed to have broken my wing." You said quietly. Alois took your face into his hands.

"Claude says you can do a trick.... He says you're a big cat!" Alois said. You nodded and crouched down, turning into a large white tiger with brilliant wings.

"You're so beautiful!" Alois yelled in excitement. He gasped as he had a sudden idea. You stood up and morphed back, fixing your clothes.

"You could be my best friend! My sister even!" The boy yelled, hugging you tightly. You awkwardly hugged him back, staring down at him in confusion.

"You'll do that, wont you (Y/N)?" He asked, his eyes full of hope. You couldn't help but nod at the boy, he seemed so innocent. He giggled in delight, taking your hand and beginning to lead you around your new home.