Chapter 12

I slowly fall out of my dream and back into consciousness. I feel arms wrapped loosely around my waist. I sit up and look around the room. I remember last night, when all the boys came in to "protect" me during the power outage. I carefully tiptoe around the boys and finally reach the door. I open it slightly so I can slip out of the room unnoticed, but the loud creak of the hinges echoed in the room. I stop in my tracks and look around the room in silence, watching as some of the boys shifted, and hoping that no one would wake up. After about 3 minutes, I realize that no one is awake and I continue cautiously, walking out the door. I see all the lights on, in the kitchen, in the rooms, and in the halls. I walk around turning them all off, assuming that they were scared of the movie and kept them on for comfort.

I walk into the kitchen, looking for food. I see the box of Crunch Berries, my favorite cereal. I pour a bowl and I suddenly get a thought. A smirk of mischief forms on my face as I remember leaving the sleeping boys upstairs.

As I design my plan, I hear light footsteps coming down the stairs and coming closer towards me. I turn around to see Nash smiling at me.

"Good morning!" Nash smiles.

"Shh!" I hush. "Are you the only one who's awake?"

He looks at me with confusion and nods slowly. I smile at his answer and walk over to him.

"Do you wanna do something fun?" I smirk as he looks confused and nods slowly. "Do you have any water guns?"

He smirks back at me and leads me to the garage.

Ten minutes later, we tiptoe upstairs with water guns loaded. We stand outside the door and he looks at me. He holds up his hand, counting down from 5. When he reaches 1, I get ready and he suddenly throws the door open. We shoot the sleeping boys with icy cold water as they all shoot up from their previous spot. A look of anger is contagious between all 4 boys, as Nash and I laugh and high five each other.

Our attention is brought back to the boys as we see them starting to get up to run after us, as Nash and I run as if our lives depend on it. I race down the stairs and run into the family room and run through the archway of the kitchen, hoping they think I'm hiding in there. I race to open the pantry door, sliding in and closing it quietly. The pantry is walk-in as I curl into a ball, sliding under the lower shelf.

After ten minutes of occasionally hearing loud, fast footsteps pass the door, I hear complete silence. I hear muffled footsteps and hear the pantry door creak open slowly. I hold my breath, not making any sound, hoping to not be found. I see two feet step into the center of the pantry. I hear them moving stuff around on the shelves, slowly getting lower. They stopped looking after the self above me and sighed, stepping back out of the pantry, closing the door. I then hear the metal chain lock on the door move. I hear the footsteps walk away, and I suddenly stand up, to find a new hiding spot. I go to open the door and the door opens slightly, but is stopped by the lock at the top of the door. I knew it was a bad idea, but I didn't listen to myself, and now I'm locked in the pantry that now feels as if it is becoming smaller. I try opening the door and fail once again, hearing a chuckle from behind the door.

"Are you just going to laugh at me or are you going to help me?" I ask sassily.

"Now that is very rude to say to the only person who can help you." I hear Matt's voice say in a childish way.

"What do you want?" I ask quietly, hoping he'll let me out.

"I want you to tell me that I'm the best and that you're sorry for being mean to me this morning." He offers.

"Ugh! Fine! You're the best and I'm sorry that I was mean to you this morning." I say sarcastically.

"You have to be serious." He whines. I roll my eyes, but realize my way out.

"If you let me out, I'll say it genuinely to your face." I say hopefully.

"Do you promise?" He asks. I nod, but realize that he can't see me.

"I promise." I say truthfully.

I hear him approach the door and I stand up, waiting for him to unlock the door. I hear the chain from the lock drop and hit the door, indicating that it is unlocked. He opens the door and I step out. I look at him and give him a hug. I look up at him and stand on my tippy toes, ready to whisper in his ear. I feel him shudder at my actions, as I smirk to myself.

"You're the best and I'm so very sorry for being so unkind to you this morning." I whisper seductively in his ear. I then turn and run away to my room before he could react, leaving him in shock and confusion, standing in the kitchen.