Prologue

Lacey Stevens is 21 years old, with ginger-red hair and green eyes. The only people she has in her life are the ones who worked for her parents before they died and her best friend. Grayson Michaels, 25, helped her father manage his business. He was in control of the financial portion of the company. Grayson also helped to manage the personal accounts of Mr. and Mrs. Stevens.

Cynthia Greene, 72, has helped raise Lacey. She was there when she was born, and she was there to help Lacey through the grief of losing her parents. Cynthia is the one that's going to tell you how it is. She isn't afraid of hurting your feelings, but if she does, she'll also comfort you.

Janie Reynolds, 22, is Lacey's best friend. They've grown up together. They've comforted each other through every break up, and heartache possible. When Lacey is faced with the biggest decision of her life, Janie is the one that's going to help her process what the hell is happening.

Jeremy Greene, 75, is Cynthia's husband. He's been holding in a secret for the last three and a half years. While Grayson managed personal accounts for the Stevens', Jeremy was their lawyer. He's had access to their wills. He's about to give Lacey the shock of her life.

Will Lacey accept her future for what it is? Or will she decide she's tired of being treated like a princess, where everyone makes the decisions for her?