A victim of Nightmares

Joey stood in a cold, damp room. The only light cam from the stars he could just se through the barred window. An icy hand lightly touched his shoulder. Joey flinched.

"W-whats are you?" Joey whispered; he couldn't see anyone. The hand gripped his shoulder rightly and hissed in his ear.

"I'm your worst nightmare.

Suddenly everything was spinning round in a swirl of black and purple until the room was on fire and.....Joey saw his mum. She was screaming for help. Joey tried to Dave her but there were too many bottles. They kept piling up until Joey could no longer see his mum through the wall of brown glass.

Them he was in another room. He was with Daniel. He was so glad to be with him that he leant in to kiss him. But....as soon as he touched his lips it was no longer Daniel. Instead it was Duncan. He was no longer kissing him, instead he was staring coldly at him as words echoed around them. "Disgusting." "Gay." "Wrong." "Embarrassment." A hand grabbed him firmly.  Bloodshot eyes glared at him. Someone was screaming. It took a while before Joey realised it was him. Then everything went black.

Joey woke up. He was cold and shivering. This wasn't his home, not with his monster of a dad here. He had to go now!

Without thinking, he ran to his window.  There was no way to get down. But he had to get out. So he jumped.  He hit the solid concrete beneath with a thud, grazing his arm, he winced in pain. Then he ran, to the only place he felt safe. Daniels house.

He didn't even knock. He couldn't wait any longer. He ran into the living room, teats streaming down his face, straight into Daniels arms.

"Don't day anything. Just hold me." Joey whispered. Daniel held him tighter than he'd ever done before. After a while he pulled away and stared at his boyfriend. He was broken and Daniel had no idea how to fix him. "I'm sorry Joey. I'm here for you.  Never forget that."

They fell asleep on the sofa, joey resting into Daniel, no longer a victim of nightmares.

Authors note:

I'm pretty proud of this chapter so please tell me what you think

Thanks for reading and all your support

Erin xx