No Hope

"No Hope"

The sign in the wall caught Joey's eye. This year's play was "No hope", a play written by Joey's favourite teacher Miss Huston. For as long as he could remember Joey wanted to be on stage. Why not sign up?

"Will you audition with me?" Joey thought of the possibility of them performing again like they had the previous summer.

Daniel didn't even think twice. "Yes, of course!" He missed performing with Joey.

Joey dragged Daniel to the sign up sheet. "There, done"

"Wait, you two are signing up for it?" The two boys turned around to see Duncan, glaring at them.

"Yes. What's it to you?" Daniel snapped.

"Nothing. You're no threat to me." Duncan stared at Joey, who looked at the floor. "Do you never speak?"

Joey wasn't scared of Duncan, just sad and annoyed that this new kid thought so much of himself and so little of them....and what?......because they were gay?

"I don't like to waste my breath in idiots like you." Joey said back, pleased with his come back.

"Whatever, I'm gonna get the lead in this play and.....if I don't....it won't be you who takes it from me." Duncan stormed off.

Joey sighed. Did this person have no respect? Duncan knew Joey's mum had just died, he knew what he'd been through last year,  and yet, he still continued to mess with him.....Why?

Authors note:

I'm gonna post two chapters today so here's your first one, the second will be later.

Thanks for reading
Erin xx