Chapter 8

Justin’s POV.

‘What just happened?’ I thought to myself. My world was spinning, my lungs felt like they were going to explode and implode at the same time. I blew it. I realize that now, that what I did hurt her more, than I would have if I didn’t ‘forget’ her. I felt a tear roll down my cheek. “This can’t be happening.” I let out a shaky sigh, and rubbed my face with my hands. But it did happen. And she hates me, now I hate me too.

       I heard some mumbling, and a sigh from behind me. I put my head on my arms, and cried. I didn’t care if the world saw me. I was hurt, but I hurt myself. I can only blame myself for this. Ryan sat beside me on the porch steps, and we just sat in silence. He broke the silence after a few minutes, but his voice was quiet, as if he didn’t know how I would react. “I’m sorry, Justin.” He pats my back, trying to comfort me. But it didn’t work, nothing will work. Not until I get her to love me again. I mentally slapped myself for even thinking about hurting both of my best friends again.

       Lifting my head of my arms, I let out a shaky laugh. “I messed up big time, Ryan.”- A fresh tear slipped out of my eye following the path of my already fallen ones. ” Yeah, you did.” I glared at him, and he put his hands up in defense. He was not making me feel better. “Don’t get your boxers in a bunch. I wasn’t finished. You did mess up but I know, for a fact, that she doesn’t hate you. She never did.” He looked at me sincerely, “But-“he cut me off. Not letting me finish. “That’s just a mask. She never hated you, and she was never mad. She was hurt. There is a big difference. Think about it. One day her best friend was at home, playing hokey and singing with her. Then the next day- poof- he was gone, never once contacting her, forgetting her even.” He shook his head, trying to get me to understand but I stayed silent, “Justin, you are still her best friend. I just think you need to work on her trusting you again. Just try and be friendly. Oh and don’t get mad when she refuses, you and I both know how stubborn she is.” He laughed, and a smile spread across my lips. “You’re right! Thanks Ryan!” before he could say anything more I was already half way to my house already.

Chaz’s POV.

       “Let’s go this way! I have the perfect place to go.” I smiled at her; my heart was going to explode with happiness. Courtney is finally mine, still can’t get over that. I know you are gonna say a little kid can’t fall in love, they don’t even know what love is. But I can prove you wrong, I have been in love with Courtney ever since the day we met at that preschool. She was perfect, her brown hair that flows down her back like a waterfall, and those brown eyes I get lost in all the time.

       I was broken out of my trance by the love of my life. “Chaz,”- she giggled, putting her hand over her mouth, “What you lookin’ at?” I felt my cheeks heat up, and she giggled again. I just smiled at her, “I’m looking at the prettiest girl in the world.” Now I turned the table, it’s her turn to blush. “Shut up, lying is bad don’t do it.” She pushed my arm slightly, a small smile captured on her lips. That is one of the things I love about her, she is shy, and cute, yet out going and beautiful. She has the best smile in the world. “I’m not lying, I would never lie to you especially about you.” I pulled her close to me as we stepped onto the grassy field in the middle of the playground.

“Well, I’m here with the most handsome boy in the world.”  She smiled at me sending my heart into over drive. I just lowered my head shyly. She moved away from me and I saw her go to the middle of the field. She looked around at the sky, and smiled blissfully. This is the happiest I have seen her in ages. And I’m glad to say it’s because of me. “Come dance with me!” her voice floated its way across the park. She stared to waltz without me, “Hey! You need me to waltz!” I ran over and scooped her up bridal style and swung her light frame around, dancing slowly, as she let out a squeal, than a fit of laughter. I smiled down at her, “You-I kissed her nose- are the cutest thing alive.” I let her legs fall and her feet touch the ground. My hand found its place on her hip. My other one, softly, gripping onto hers. I moved my feet slowly, leading her, to follow my waltz. I twirled her body out than, back in, and dipped her, just like they do in the movies. “Smooth, Mr. Somers. Where did you learn to dance like this?” I twirled her again, and then brought her back in. “I had to learn so I could go to my mom’s friend’s wedding. I had to dance with the brides maids. ” I shrugged grinning at her. She just rolled her eyes laughing with me.

       After dancing random dances for 3 hours (A/N: I know, long time but I didn’t what it to be to short.) I heard he belly grumble. “Hungry?” I teased, grabbing her hand, as we made our way off the field. “Yes!” She said giggling, her belly letting out another starved moan. I laughed again, and she glared at me. “Okay, let’s go get some grub!” I licked my lips, and lead her to the fanciest restaurant in all of Canada: McDonald’s. “You are honestly the coolest boyfriend ever.” Her face lit up, I knew she wouldn’t mind, she is the laid back kind of girl, she just wanted to be with the people she loves, she’s not picky. “Thanks! I try! Go pick a seat, I’ll order.” She nodded and skipped off to the seating area.

Courtney’s POV.

       Chaz and I have been having the best first date ever. I’m so happy I’m with him. I drummed my fingers on the table I had picked to sit down at. I knew chaz knew exactly what I would order. I know what he would order for himself too. “A Big Mac’ with fries and a vanilla milk shake for me, and a 10 piece chicken nugget meal, and a chocolate milk shake for you.” Chaz said walking back over to me. And set the tray on the table. He slid in the booth across from me, and gave me my food. “Thanks, Chazza!” I blew him a big sloppy kiss, and he just shook his head laughing at my child like qualities.

       We sat and talked the whole time. Just enjoying, being together and having fun. The moment was ruined when I saw HIM come into the restaurant.  I groaned and pointed to spot where I saw Justin, standing at the door with Ryan. “Hey guys! What are you doing here?” Justin called walking over to our booth and plopping himself down next to me, oblivious to the weird look I was giving him. Ryan walked over, and gave me an apologetic smile, and I just smiled through my annoyance. “Well, we were in the middle of a date, until you got here.” Chaz said. I could sense how uneasy he was. The tension in the room was almost suffocating. “Oh.” Was Justin’s reply, I could see this weird emotion in his eyes, but I didn’t dare ask him what it was. “Yeah and now if you will excuse us we are going to go finish our date elsewhere.” I said motioning Justin to get up. He looked at me for a minute, almost begging me with his eyes to stay, to forgive him, but he wasn’t getting off the hook that easily.  After a minute he got up and let me out, Ryan did the same for Chaz and we threw out our trash and left.  

       I walked next to Chaz, in a funk. “I’m sorry Courtney. I didn’t know he would be there.” He looks guilty, but it wasn’t his fault. “It’s not your fault chaz! Not at all. He is stalking us. He is unhappy that I am- we are happy.” I motioned between us to get my point across. “Let’s just go home and watch some movies.” He offered. “Of course. I would love that. Chaz?”

“Yes?” he said lacing our fingers. “This is the best first date I have ever had.” I smiled up at him and he leaned down and kissed me. “Same here.” And with that we went to my house and watched movies to finish our date.