Chapter 7

Regular POV.

       After playing with her dolls, I put Brooklyn down for a nap. “Ortney? Can you sing me a song?” Brooklyn asked letting out a little yawn. I let out a small chuckle, and sat on the edge of her bed, “sure, sweetie. What song?” I tucked the blanket up to her chin; she put on her thinking face and played with a strand of her hair, “Can you sing ‘A Whole New World’ from Aladdin? Pweeease!” she pouted her lips and did the puppy eyes. “Sure thing.” I took a breath then started, Brooke had happiness written all over her face. “A whole new world, A whole new world, That's where we'll be, That's where we'll be, A thrilling chase, A wondrous place, For you and me “ I finished seeing her eyes close, before I hear her slightly snoring. I giggle and got up off of the edge of her bed and went to close the window, when I saw a face I don’t ever want to see, staring at me from the next house. I ignored him and left the room, going on a hunt to find my chazza bear.

Justin’s POV.

       Me and Ryan were just hanging around my room, playing video games when I heard the most amazing sound to have ever been made. “Hey, Ryan?” He was to into the game to notice me, so I got up and went to my window to follow the noise. “Ryan?” Still no answer, “RYAN!” His head snapped back to look at me. “Sup bro?” He paused the game and came next to me. “Do you hear that?” He stuck his head out the window to listen. “Yeah. That’s Courtney. The girl from the mall. You and her used to sing together all the time. Why?” I couldn’t believe my ears. That is MY Courtney? I mean I knew she could sing but I didn’t know she could this well. “Wow, she is amazing!” I said, watching her sing to Brooke, next door at Chaz’s house. “Yeah, she stopped a while after you left. She felt it wasn’t right to play and perform since it was your guy’s thing. She cried a lot, too. She stopped being herself.” He went and sat on the bean bag chair again, “it was like she died. It really scared me and Chaz.”

He un-paused the game, turning the bean bag to face the TV. “I didn’t mean to hurt her, I did this to make her forget about me, I only ‘forgot’ her to help her! “ Crap. As soon as the words left my mouth I wanted to kick my butt. “Wait a minute.” Ryan turned to me, fire burning in his eyes, “Are you telling me you do remember her?” I looked at the ground shamefully. I couldn’t look at him knowing that I hurt her and he now knew. “How could you? I bet you remember Chaz too.” He stood up and shut the game off. “Why would you do that? You completely broke her! She cut! She even told me one night she wanted to die, she found it pointless to live, people at school made fun of her, and what McCullen did to her- that sick jerk. We were barely able to fix her.” He took a breath and cut me off when I went to explain myself to him. “Now that your back, she is slowly breaking again. All because you ‘forgot’ her!” He sighed running a hand in his hair, pacing my room he muttered some stuff under his breath that I didn’t catch.  

       “I did it to protect her. I honestly didn’t mean to break her!” I walked over to the window again and heard her singing still. It was ‘A Whole New World’ from Aladdin. “Then why did you do it?” Ryan asked, standing in front of me. I sighed, “I did it so she would forget about me, so she wouldn’t get hurt. I didn’t want her to get hurt if I could never come back. But it didn’t work.” He scoffed, and glared at me. “She was your best friend, and you were hers. It was going to hurt her no matter if you forgot her or not.” He let out a loud sigh again, looking at anything and everything that wasn’t me until he finally settled his eyes on me. “I can believe I’m gonna tell you this because she would kill me, but I think you should know. She was in love with you! She always was. That’s why it hurt her so much when you left. She told me she thought you felt the same, but that was before you left and kicked her out of your life.” I could feel my mouth hanging open. ‘She loves me?’ I thought. “Nope, no way! She never loved me! She was never interested when I tried to get her to like me!” he just laughed as if I was the dumbest person alive, so I gave him a confused look. “Justin, I’m gonna put this in simple terms.” He came over and sat down in front of me, like a mother would do when she was trying to get her child to listen to her. “She was to shy and insecure to make the first move and she got tired of waiting. You always had some type of girlfriend, so she dated other boys, to get you off her mind. But she loved you.” I thought about it, I always did have a girlfriend but I did it to make her jealous, but it never worked. I loved her too, I still do. “Do you think if I told her the way I feel, and tell her the truth, she will forgive me and be mine?” I hope she would. I feel terrible for what I did. “You can try, but I should warn you-“But before he could finish his sentence I was out the door.

       Courtney’s POV.

       “Chazza! I got Brooky to go to bed!” I said loud enough for him to hear me but not loud enough to wake Brooklyn. I walk around the first floor looking for him, and I couldn’t find him, so I went into the kitchen to get a drink. “Oh hello, Mrs. Somers! I just got Brooklyn to go down for a nap!” I said going over to give her a hug. “Thanks Courtney! I can never get her to sleep! How did you manage to do it?” She went over to the kettle that was ringing. “She had me sing to her and it worked. She had me sing ‘A Whole New World’” Mrs. Somers nodded while smiling at me, “The one from Aladdin?” I just nodded and grabbed a water bottle from the fridge.

“Hey, mom? Do you know where court-, never mind!”I heard Chaz say from the living room, as he got closer to the kitchen. I giggled as he came over and placed a kiss on my nose. I noticed his wet hair, so I figured he just took a shower. “So what are you kids doing today?” his mom asked, poring herself a cut of tea. “I don’t know. Whatever, Chaz wants to do!” I smiled happily at him. “How about I take you out on a date?” He smiled back. “Okay! Just let me go home and shower! I’m gross!” I scrunched up my nose, causing the room to fill with laughter. “That was you? I thought it was the trash can.” Chaz said jokingly. I pouted and hit his shoulder. I pretended to cry. Chaz always fell for it. “Courtney?” He asked his voice sounding small. I turned so my back was towards him and I was facing his mom. I sent a wink her way to let her know I was joking, and then I let out a small sob. “Courtney, I-I didn’t mean it. Please don’t cry. I hate when you cry, I’m sorry!” I turned to face him as another tear rolled down my cheek. “Do you mean it?” I asked sniffling. “Yes, I am so sorry!” I let him pull me in for a hug, and I whispered in his ear, “Good! Because I wasn’t really upset!” I pulled away and grinned at him. He had a jokingly angry smirk on his face. “I love you, you nerd!” He said messing up my hair. “I love you too, you loser” I replied, kissing him softly, causing his mom to ‘awwwwwwe’ us, causing Chaz’s cheeks to turn a bright pink color.

After I took a shower and changed into a comfy outfit ( http://www.polyvore.com/1d_set/set?id=39549359 ), I texted Chaz as I locked up my house and went outside to wait for him. “Courtney?” I froze to my spot; I would know that voice anywhere. I just ignored him and the anger and sadness building up in me. “Courtney please let me explain.” I heard the sadness in his voice. ‘Why would he be sad? He forgot me, not the other way around.’ I asked myself. I heard him sigh, and then he sat down next to me on my front porch swing. “I didn’t really forget you. I just pretended I did.” He whispered so low I almost didn’t hear him. But I did, and those words sent my world spinning. He cleared his throat and continued once he realized I wasn’t going to answer. “I did it so it wouldn’t hurt you when I couldn’t come back all the time. I did it to protect you, your feelings. You are my best friend and Ryan told me I was an idiot when he found out. Please forgive me?” he got really quiet after he finished.

How does he expect me to forgive him after he pretended to not remember me? After he screened all of my calls? How he never once called me back? “You – you faked it all?” I asked the hurt very obvious in my voice, and I didn’t care. He really hurt me, and he didn’t even give a damn. He nodded silently, with a tear rolling down his cheek. “Why? I wouldn’t think any different of you! You were my best friend. I would have loved you no matter what. I even supported you while you had ‘no Idea’ who I was! You made me feel worthless, like I was just something from the past. Like I wasn’t important enough to have with you now.” I took a deep breath and continued my rant. “And you want to know the worst part?” He stayed silent again just searching my face. “I was head over heels in love with you. And it hurt like hell when you left. But I guess it doesn’t matter.” I sniffled as tears poured down my face. “That was the past, and this is now. And right now I am happily in love with Chaz you had your chance and you blew it. I’m sorry I have to go.” I said as I saw Chaz come out of his house holding a flower. I left a shocked Justin, on my front porch.

“Do you really mean it?” I heard Chaz say once we got far enough from my house. I stopped him and turned to him. “Do I mean what?” I asked. “Do you mean what you told Justin? That he is your past, and that you love me now?” He looked a little worried. “The truth?” I asked, and he shook his head yes. “Yes Chaz! I meant every word. My feelings for him are done. He hurt me too much. And I love you now! I always have. I loved you both. But now I know who is meant for me. And that’s you!” He smiled really wide, and pulled me in for the most passionate kiss I have ever had. “I love you Courtney!” he said against my lips. I returned the smile, and kissed him again. “I love you too, Chaz!” We held each other’s hand and walked down the road, together.

Justin is now my past and I plan to keep it that way. But its going to prove to be hard to stop him from trying to be my future.